Pigeon-Talk banner

I knew I shouldn't have gone to the show!!!

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  TerriB 
#1 ·
Came home with 3 new American Fantails!
The show was very interesting, the birds were beautiful with quite a variety.
Pigeonmama's birds were absolutely adorable :D
I'll post picture's later - I'm starving!!!

#8 ·
Will you let them pick their own mates? Like will you mind if they mate up with your saddles? Should be interesting. How friendly are they? Of course, they have to get used to a new place and all.

#11 ·
Thanks guys,
Well as I'm sitting here drinking my coffee watching them outside the window - the black and dun are flirting away with each other. The black is definitely a cock, and dun is a hen. Still watching the blue.
Keeping them separate for a couple weeks, but when I put them together I'll let them pick their own mates. I have a couple of saddles with no mates.
Their not afraid at all and don't seem to mind being handled. :)

#14 ·
NICE BIRDS!! congratulations

#15 ·
Dad drat it, Waynette, you took those great pictures at the show. Why didn't we think to have our picture taken together so you could post one of us together?
Going to go take a nap, butt dragging. Got 2 flu shots 2 weeks ago, had flu all last week, and just feeling my age (plus Pidgey's numerous years, too)
Daryl
Oh, btw, I did find out when I took care of birds last night, I did get a big prize. My figurita pair was setting on a pair of eggs, getting close to hatching, and I had a pair of "whatevers" sitting on an old style frill egg, and that one was due to hatch around the same time. The osf egg got abandoned, and was cold on inspection, and, boy was I disappointed. I tried slipping it under the fig pair, and they took it gladly One fig egg hatched out just fine, the other had a pin hole and dried out, so I buried it. The fig baby wag close to openine eyes, and as of yesterday, the osf egg was showing no signs of hatching, and I planned on pulling it last night. I did pull, but I only had to remove eggshell. That cold egg did develop and hatch. Checked both babies this morning, both well fed, the fig baby much bigger than frill (well, I think it was the fig, he was peeping out of one little eye), so I will have to watch carefully, but, as frill will be bigger, I think, with close supervision, it won't take long before kids equal out, size-wise.
Now, to take a nap.
Daryl

#17 ·
I bet you can't wait to breed some different colors!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.