Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not to be mean, but why would you toss them a block away or toss them at ALL. after people told you those breeds are not for flying. They will probably return in the morning don't worry. If not walk around you will probably find the fantail walking around ( couldn't get to far ).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not to be mean, but why would you toss them a block away or toss them at ALL. after people told you those breeds are not for flying. They will probably return in the morning don't worry. If not walk around you will probably find the fantail walking around ( couldn't get to far ).
They're back, I won't be doing that anymore..lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I thought fantails can actually fly, not like a homer but generally like a feral they can fly around. Interesting.
I guess they can, but I do notice a difference between them when landing. It takes much more effort for the fantail to land. I don't know why they don't fly well..

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
fantails are bred to be a different body shape. they have very cumbersome tails for show. They are ground dwellers. Which puts her in danger of people, cars, dogs, and just about everything else in the world.
Just because they can physically fly because they have wings, does not mean they should be flown. They don't stand a chance flying away from a hawk. Being white, she will attract their attention that much faster. It's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
fantails are bred to be a different body shape. they have very cumbersome tails for show. They are ground dwellers. Which puts her in danger of people, cars, dogs, and just about everything else in the world.
Just because they can physically fly because they have wings, does not mean they should be flown. They don't stand a chance flying away from a hawk. Being white, she will attract their attention that much faster. It's just a matter of time.
i can see it happening, i will try my best not to let her out. thanx

21 - 26 of 26 Posts