Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone:
I live the San Francisco and oakland area. I have about 20 pigeons. I want to down size the loft. I uses to have a store close to me in Richmond, where I could trade in or sell my pigeons. But now that store is closed because of ecnomic hardship. I am asking for help to find a new store I can trade my pigeons at or sell them. Or if someone want ei take them from me that will be great too. I have pair of fantail, and a bunch of flyers. Please help.
Thank you
desperate pigeon man.

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
There certainly is an over-abundance of Pigeons and the only advice I can personally offer you, is to please stop breeding your Pigeons. It's difficult enough to find homes for the ones that need it.
Please know I'm not saying this to you to be mean or unkind..

G

·
You should post in the pigeons for adoption section with a little more info on the birds you need to find homes for. Pictures would help too.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I totally agree with Charis. Replace eggs with fake ones. Just because there was a store where you could just get "rid" of your unwanted birds doesn't mean that they should just keep breeding and breeding. They aren't used cars, they are living, breathing, with there own personality and should be treated as such. The way you posted, it sounds like an emergency. How many birds do you have and what is the size of your loft? min

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Hello everyone:
I live the San Francisco and oakland area. I have about 20 pigeons. I want to down size the loft. I uses to have a store close to me in Richmond, where I could trade in or sell my pigeons. But now that store is closed because of ecnomic hardship. I am asking for help to find a new store I can trade my pigeons at or sell them. Or if someone want ei take them from me that will be great too. I have pair of fantail, and a bunch of flyers. Please help.
Thank you
desperate pigeon man.
not sure where you could sell or trade your pigeons, use the fake eggs while you figure out how to find homes for the ones you want to sell first. you could always advertise on craigslist or egg bid, but be careful, also shipping would need to be close to you as it is cold in alot of the country right now.

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Also...if you advertise on Craig's list, you must carefully screen individuals that respond to the ad because of dog trainers and such.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Charis and everyone else. I have already stop breading them had not done that it would have been way to many pigeons running around. But I will take all of you advise in to consideration. Thank you once again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.