Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 6 new pigeons from a pigeon breeder and one of the female just had an egg yesterday. I did not buy its mate and I dont know if it will care about the egg. It has not yet had its 2nd egg yet so i am really not sure. I have a male but it pecks her so I didnt put them together. Can someone help me please? I dont want the egg to die:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did but nothing happend. The only thing that did happen was that she started to stand over her egg but she still doesnt incubate it and she did not have her 2nd egg yet. I am not sure whats going to happen.:(:(

·
Registered
296 Posts
She will stand by the egg for sometime before incubating it, that is not something which is abnormal. However, she may try to incubate the eggs on her own when the second egg arrives but she won't be able to do it on her own ,even if she manages to incubate them successfully she won't be able to feed the children (If there is only one child then she can raise the child alone). Most people here will suggest you to replace her eggs with fake ones and when she is tired of sitting on them introduce her to another male, she will mate again and the pair will be able to raise babies together.Sometimes two females will incubate eggs and raise babies successfully, I will recommend you to put another female in her pen after she lays the second egg, if the other female is willing to help her then everything will go fine or else you'll have to replace her eggs with fake ones.Hope this helps.
-Rubeena

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I just bought 6 new pigeons from a pigeon breeder and one of the female just had an egg yesterday. I did not buy its mate and I dont know if it will care about the egg. It has not yet had its 2nd egg yet so i am really not sure. I have a male but it pecks her so I didnt put them together. Can someone help me please? I dont want the egg to die:confused::confused::confused:
Hi Alan123
Welcome to PT
Congrats on your new pigeons.
The female would not accept a new male to pair with. She won't pair up if she has eggs to sit on. And the new male wouldn't help her raise these hatches.
As rasheed.rubeena advises switch the real eggs with fakes. Or simply toss the eggs away so that the hen pairs up with the other male and they can raise the squabs next time together. If you give her eggs to sit on then it will be too much for her to raise two squabs. No way she can raise two squabs. Hens usually feed squabs until they're 18-20 days old after that its mainly dad's duty to feed the squabs until they're weaned. In absence of a father the squabs gonna.....

So toss the eggs away. She will pair up with new male in a couple of days and they'll happily start a new clutch together.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i bought 1 pair 3 months ago but till now she didnt layed eggs.
she is only eating and sitting in nest.
And my male pigeon is not mating with it. When i bought them they have mating but after 2 weeks till now they are not mating and one of friend told me that she is having eggs but she cant produce. Why like that. .?
And i am new to pigeons i dont have knowledge about pigeons.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Hi, if you start your thread, more will be able to see and reply. Just go to "general discussion" click on left tab which mentions "start new thread" and copy and paste this content in that thread which will be your own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts