Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
blah blah blah apartment under new ownership. New owners refuse to let birds free fly so I requested to make my patio into an aviary, big fat no. I have a large cage but it's not big enough for 4 birds. Can anyone take them?

They would be free. They are 2 rollers and 2 roller mixes. I need to do it quickly before I change my mind as this is an extremely difficult decision.

They are 3 males and 1 female. 2 are a pair. The colors are as follows:

Pair - white female (hiding red) and a blue check w/bronze male
Pair's only baby (male) - red velvet check w/white tail and flights
Other male - blue check w/ white head, tail, flights

I will deliver as long as it's not tooooooo far. The longer you have been a member here the better as I LOVE these birds....I will consider newer members but I MUST see your loft and birds.

Here they are -

mom and baby (he is grown now, has one tiny yellow baby feather left on his head at his point)

Dad any baby -

Other male (Blueberry who is sooooooooooooo much better looking in real life)

This is very sad. I have done all I can to keep them. They were fine with the old owners but the new ones are a pain in my ass about it. I could keep the pair but they would have to stay in a parrot cage and I just would hate that :(

Please reply here as soon as possible if you want them or call 916-768-8141

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about this. I just took another one in today that someone found, I am getting the saw for the loft building hopefully tomorrow. Trying to borrow one rather than buy since I don't have the money for one anyway lol. :rolleyes: That's really too bad about your birds. Hopefully someone will be able to adopt them, at th emoment I can't but we can see what works out. :eek:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying girlie :) someone has emailed me with interest....they seem like a great home, nice pics of a nice loft and healthy birds.....I'll let u guys know!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok I just took them to my DREAM HOME! You walk through this eclectic house (all covered in murals on the outside) into this giant backyard completely shaded by trees. You go one way and there is a giant guinea pig haven, one way a cat house for rescued and adoptable kitties, one way to the chicken and duck room and one way to the pigeon loft that also has a sun room. My pigeons are going to be very happy there. And she just sent me this email - "total awwwwww moment I just went out to check on them and they are all sitting right next to eachother, even blueberry and copper" (blueberry and copper usually hate eachother)

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I'm so glad to hear they got such a wonderful home, I know it is very hard for you to give them up, but this place sounds fantastic and will at least put your mind at ease.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Kimberly, sorry you had to give up your birds. Hopefully some day you will have your own place and you can adopt more pijies. I am very happy to see you have found them a wonderful new home. It sounds beautiful.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to give up your birds. It does sound like they just moved to pigeon heaven though. THAT is great news.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah I will for sure have pigeons again, no question! Once the bug gets you, ur got! I want to one day have an actual flock with an actual loft and maybe even participate in competitions....might be a few years but i'd put money on it!

Thanks guys! I'm feeling good about where they live now, heck I wish I lived there myself!

·
Registered
111 Posts
happy to see you found them a good home but also sad that you had to do so,but like you said one day will have a big loft and lots of pigeons again and yeah once you got the bug it sticks.i had a few years without mine do to work comitments but as soon as i could i had pigeons again and always will now.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Its sad that you had to give them up, and I'm sure your heartbroken, but I'm sure you feel so much better that you took the time to find them a great home. I hope its not to far that you can visit them. Why do landlords have to been a pain? min

1 - 13 of 13 Posts