Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***Please, please understand***
I never mean to offend anyone on PT. I respect everyone's opinions and am well aware I am new to the pigeon world. I imagine of all the PTers, 99% know more about pigeons than I do. I do however like to compare others' opinions of an issue to what I perceive to be a similar issue but that may on the outside seem different. Is it actually the same? What are the differences? Why do people feel one way about it in one situation, but feel differently in the other situation?

If I mention something from anyone on PT, it's not to offend! It's nothing personal about the person who wrote it, and I'm not saying it is wrong! In fact, I don't even tend to notice the author. It's just me noticing isn't this a similar situation and why is something generally considered ok in one instance but not the other? And there may be reasons for opposite opinions in each case. It's just my way of further exploring an issue. Remaining open minded as each side presents it's case.

I can see how it may come across as a personal attack, and I will be more sensitive about that. I apologize to anyone I may have offended on PT. I WANT to hear everyone's opinions, I like when people have differing opinions as I feel that then we are exploring the situation from different angles, leading to more knowledge for all of us.

I love PT, I learn new stuff every day, I enjoy everyone's stories and ideas, and I especially appreciate everyone's helpful responses to all my newbie questions. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I understand what she is saying. I've been in the same position as she has been. People on here have a way of making people not feel welcome and if you don't know what I'm talking about, your lying to yourself. Fbirdie82 felt the sameway and no longer writes on here. For some reason its like high school all over again. The bully's are back. The click is back. I love PT, I'm not going anywhere unless I'm booted of course. I thought it was nice that she apologized and made a heartfelt sincere apology thinking she offended someone. When I write on a thread, I usually don't notice who writes it, I respond to the question. But you will notice that if I write on a thread, I would say 85% of the time people won't respond to the thread again. I know I'm not liked by a lot of people on here. I have strong opinions and views and probably offend some people sometimes, but really don't mean to. I just want to state my opinion like she does. Twinkieslug welcome to PT. Mindy

·
Registered
594 Posts
Mindy,
I was tempted not to respond just to test your theory. LOL I hope everyone feels free to express his/her opinions here. While I don't always agree with everyone, I enjoy hearing from each and every person here and appreciate all the information shared.

Hugh

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hugh, very well said. It just sad that people get run off and we all could learn something from everyone. It should be all about the birds. min

·
Registered
754 Posts
Speechlees

I 2 am going to leave this one blank, I am sure it would just spark another fire in somones pit, I love and take good care of my birds and that's all I need to know. I DO have to say that I have learned a lot on this formum and will continue to do so despite certian remarks, Just living with bird's that all it is. >Kevin

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That is what I don't understand, why should it spark a fire in someone's pit? We are all adults here and why can't we all just get along and have adult conversations. The only time I get mad is when I hear about someone culling birds as in killing of unwanted birds, abuse, and just birds not being treated very well in general. min

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understand what she is saying. I've been in the same position as she has been. People on here have a way of making people not feel welcome and if you don't know what I'm talking about, your lying to yourself. Fbirdie82 felt the sameway and no longer writes on here. For some reason its like high school all over again. The bully's are back. The click is back. I love PT, I'm not going anywhere unless I'm booted of course. I thought it was nice that she apologized and made a heartfelt sincere apology thinking she offended someone. When I write on a thread, I usually don't notice who writes it, I respond to the question. But you will notice that if I write on a thread, I would say 85% of the time people won't respond to the thread again. I know I'm not liked by a lot of people on here. I have strong opinions and views and probably offend some people sometimes, but really don't mean to. I just want to state my opinion like she does. Twinkieslug welcome to PT. Mindy
Thanks Mindy:)
There have been 3 times now in which something I wrote appeared offensive to another member. The "funny" thing is my usual response to a discussion thread post is with another question or comparable example for everyone. NOT an opinion, NOT saying something/someone is wrong. Meant as food for thought. Somehow they keep getting taken as personal attacks. I too will stay on PT unless I get booted:) And I will be more careful with my contributions.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
High school bullies......... uuuuuuhhhhhh :) How many times had I taken different routes within the campus to get to my class... Since I was "very tall" and "well built" but didn't keep my mouth shut in opinions, I was one of the favorite for the bullies :D

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
You're A Bunch Of Good Eggs ..

and may soon actually hatch into beautiful pigeons .. :)

Folks, I'm sorry if things sometimes get taken in the wrong way .. sorry that sometimes our more zealous members really come down on another member .. in the end result, I think pigeons are helped as well as the humans who are caring for pigeons. I don't like hateful or spiteful posts nor our more experienced members coming across as divas of the pigeon world .. sometimes it happens. Everyone who cares about pigeons is welcome here and free to post their questions, experiences, and opinions.

I will do my best to see that nobody gets "blasted" for participating here in a positive way, and I'm sure the other moderators will do likewise.

Terry

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
:eek: Is THAT what that means?! (just teasing ;)) That happens to me all the time!
ALL of us, at one time or another have been misinterpreted OR misinterpreted someone else.
Yes, there are "some" (not many) people that come on very strong, and by "strong" I mean they will come right out and accuse other members of being wrong, not in a nice way.-----I don't feel anyone here is "wrong". Like you said - alot of what is written is "opinions". My opinion might not agree with someone else's opinion. What works for me, might not work for someone else. But if I, or you, or anyone else doesn't express their opinion or ideas - what good is the forum?
I think its very nice that Twinkieslug apologized - but honestly, I read the thread mentioned above and don't see what was offensive :confused:
This very thing happen to me last week here. - I made a suggestion to a problem and at the same time explained why I made the suggestion, because I had a similar experience to the problem written about. Another member responded that we (I?) was "wrong", and that there are too many "know it all's" here. I defended my suggestion - because that is what worked for "my situation". The other member hasn't been back since. So is that "my" fault?
Every circumstance is different, and if we don't give suggestions (of things that worked for us), we'll never know if it could help someone else's situation.
Isn't that what this forum is suppose to be about - helping others?
The more heads put together with thoughts, opinions and suggestions, have a better chance of solving a problem, IMHO
There's a great saying "take what you need and leave the rest"
If someone makes a statement or suggestion to someone- It is IMPOSSIBLE to interpret a "tone of voice" from "typed letters".
So you said it - the key word is "felt" or, she got the "feeling". I've had that "feeling" on many occasions. But I still think my opinion, and everyone else's opinion is worth something. And that's the way you have to look at it.
I really don't think anybody dislikes anybody. We all don't agree with everything - but were not suppose too!
We were all brought together here for one reason - our love for our pigeons. OK, rant over!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Peace! Lets just all forget about any comments

Lets all just start all over again fresh, and make believe I never posted My stupid video in the first place, I didnt ever mean to stir up so much pigeon do do with one silly video, everyone here at PT. is here to help each other and share their wisdom, with us beginers, so I take anything as constructive wisdom, and no one on here meant any disrespect to anyone else, it was mostly a misunderstanding, so there , lets all go back to where we were before, and Thank You all for being here and loving Birds.
Mike

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I don't get what the big deal is about here.

So people disagree. Sheesh. Imagine that.

Anyway. Changing the subject. I was watching TV tonight and a guest speaker in a story about former Presidential candidate John Edwards, had the first name "Pigeon". Does she "belong" to anyone here?

I thought it was kinda cute. I also wonder if her sister might be named "Dove"?

Anyone expecting? :)

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I don't get what the big deal is about here.

So people disagree. Sheesh. Imagine that.

Anyway. Changing the subject. I was watching TV tonight and a guest speaker in a story about former Presidential candidate John Edwards, had the first name "Pigeon". Does she "belong" to anyone here?

I thought it was kinda cute. I also wonder if her sister might be named "Dove"?

Anyone expecting? :)
LOL.:p:D:p Too much!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mindy,
I was tempted not to respond just to test your theory. LOL I hope everyone feels free to express his/her opinions here. While I don't always agree with everyone, I enjoy hearing from each and every person here and appreciate all the information shared.

Hugh
Yes, I agree. When I have needed advice of Pigeon-Talk I have valued each and every comment, because, really, all are trying to help and many ideas are more likely to come up with solutions. People have provided me with suggestions that have been so valuable, and sometimes, even, the solution will be the one that is simple, but I have not even thought of it. It's all good....lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts