Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a single rock pigeon (my first pigeon) who is very sweet and fun to be with. I am in the process of buying her a stroller to take her on walks, but am wondering if she will even be able to interact with feral pigeons anymore. I found her when she was only around 1 month old and she is completely domestic now.

Do pigeons need to socialize with other pigeons? I bought my pigeon a mirror toy that she likes to look at, coo at, and attack haha.

I do not have room for another pigeon (I live in a small room).

ps: If it matters, I think Calina may actually be a guy...but I'm not 100% sure yet. :p

Thanks everyone! :D

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I would say it would be nice to get him/her a companion as they are flock birds, if you know a hen that needs a home that could work out nicley, even if he/she is a hen, two hens work together too...

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
If you don't have space for another pigeon (and it would need, as spirit wings suggests, to be a hen) then it would be difficult to socialize Calina safely. Do not let him (or her) fly free in the park or anywhere if you want to keep him. You can not guarantee that he'll not get spooked and fly off, or just want to try it out and get confused. Fresh air and natural daylight would be beneficial, though, if you can arrange that.

I have a pet pigeon who actually hates being with other pigeons, and won't stand to have another pigeon in her room. She lived in our aviary for 7 years, but just wants to be with me, so she is now a 'house pigeon'.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.