Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw one of my white homers lay an egg. She was all fluffed up for quite awhile. I kept watching her wondering why she had smooth her feathers down.

Then I noticed a little white oval shape...could it be...it was...it was an egg.

After she laid the egg, she shook and smooth her feathers down and sat on her two eggs and got comfortable.

It was amazing...I never witness anything like it before. So I got to thinking why do we use the expression "laid an egg" like it's a bad thing???

·
Registered
296 Posts
It does seem like a miracle doesn't it. When my girls laid their first eggs I was so proud of them there weren't words. Please tell your girl for me that she is an excellent mama:D

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Themela,

Sending HUGS and SCRITCHES to your hen!! I'm sure you told her she did a GREAT job! :D

Squeaks is a male and can't lay but he sure does SIT a LOT on his wooden dummy egg! He probably wonders why I don't help and HE has to do all the "work!" :rolleyes:

All our best...:D

Shi & Squeaks

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
It is indeed a MIRACLE.

We are all witnesses miracles-BIG and little, it's just that some people don't SEE it.

Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Congratulations! :p You're lucky to have caught the miracle.

FallenWeeble, who is that gorgeous bird in your avatar? What a love bug!

Squeaks, I don't know eggsactly what to tell you about Shi not sharing egg responsibility. :eek: That's not setting a very good eggxample! At least she is on the sidelines, egging you on while you do an eggcellent job sitting on them. :D :p

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Congratulations! :p You're lucky to have caught the miracle.

FallenWeeble, who is that gorgeous bird in your avatar? What a love bug!

Squeaks, I don't know eggsactly what to tell you about Shi not sharing egg responsibility. :eek: That's not setting a very good eggxample! At least she is on the sidelines, egging you on while you do an eggcellent job sitting on them. :D

COOS to you, MJ...I appreciate your support! Shi does give me yummy food, nesting material, keeps my home clean AND does all those poop exercises when I'm in mate mode! I guess I should be happy for these amenities! Besides, I AM a better EGG sitter...You are a GOOD EGG! SCRITCHES TO YOU AND YOURS! :D

Squeaks

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Oh, you are so lucky to have seen that!
I can usually tell what day/evening my hens are going to lay an egg but so far I have not managed to witness the event. I keep trying though. Once I was very close - left Isabella for about 30 minutes and when I returned there it was!

Please tell your little hen what a good egg-mama she is!! And congratulations!:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
for maryjane re: my avatar!

"FallenWeeble, who is that gorgeous bird in your avatar? What a love bug!"

the birdie in my avatar is none other than "weeble" himself - my goffin's cockatoo. aka love of my birdie life.
:)

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
I believe that there is an actual video of an egg hatching somewhere in the archives. Amazing video!

I'm sure Lin Hansen, our thread detective could find it for us...hopefully.

Now, Thelmela, we will wait for the miracle of birth! :D

Hugs and Scritches

Shi & Squeaks

P.S. I also remember that one of our members had a hen lay an egg in their HAND! Can't get much more personal than that!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts