Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had 2 batches of young 1 from each nest. both young a week old so i had a look and the nest was very bad. there was nothing for the young to grip onto so i placed some straw. its now night fall and for 1 young the parent is keeping company. the other young is alone in the nest bowl. will the parents accept it now or do i have to find a foster parent for it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
About fostering, well you are a better judge than i am:) Hope things work out...

And about changing beddings, do it w/o the parents watching.. Attract them outside their nest by feed or their "snack".. THEn when the leave the babies, do as you lyke.. :D

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Hi Warriec, changing the nesting material shouldn't put off the parents. Hopefully they are now back on the nest of the one baby who was alone. If not, you might try putting the lone baby in with the other one, where the parents are sitting. I'm sure they would accept it. But first let's see if the real parents come back to the nest. I've never had a pigeon refuse to return to a baby, just because I cleaned the nest. Hopefully yours will play along. :p

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
HI Warriec,

Merely putting Straw on a slick surface will not prove good at all...they will still slide along with the Straw.

Fold a small close weave Towell or other fabric which will not catch their Toe Nails, and use that instead...that way they can grip all they like...

Phil
l v

1 - 5 of 5 Posts