Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i was cleaning my cage today, i noticed my Snow white begin very jittery, so i picked her up and noticed she was having trouble breathing, and then i turned her upsidedown and realized she has a bald spot on her stomache with some sort of growth on it. What can i do for her? We dont have the money to take her to a vet or anything like that, i wrapped her up to keep her warm, but im clueless as what to do about it and I am very scared:(

·
Registered
864 Posts
can u upload a pic of it???

·
Registered
864 Posts
uhhhhh.. could it be that she fell and punctured her chest. its really hard to make out what that is due to the pic being blury.. but just this year i had couple of experiences with the grownth's on my pigeons.. turned out it was ingrown feather.. and with one that had a puncture wound . once it healed it just looked messed up.. guess their scabs look a lot differnt than ours do.. it freaked me out.. i pulled the scab right ut of his chest..
now a lot of people were suggestiong it might be temporary tumor..
do u have any antibiotics on hand.
have u tried cleaning the wound.
it might not be tumor.. think positive

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thank you, i dont have antibiotics onhand but i could go to petsmart and look for some. what kind should i get? and is baby shampoo ok for cleaning the bird? and it could of been that she had fallen but i have no clue.

·
Registered
864 Posts
no dont use the shampoo to clean it .. u can go to the pharmacy and ask for saline solution.. wish i had some antibiotics on hand. but i just sent everything i had to this girl in california.. by the time meds arrived baby pigeon died.. :(

i wish that pic was clear.. i cant make it out..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thank you and im sorry to hear that, i will try to get a better picture tommarow morning my phone doesnt have the best camara. if i post another pic would u mind taking a look at it please

·
Registered
864 Posts
yeah i'll take a look at it.. i hope some more people look at it as well. seems nobody trying to get involved with this thread..

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
That wound looks very nasty. You won't find any antibiotics at a pet store. The little dove really does need to be evaluated by a vet or you may loose her and undoubtedly she is in pain. Borrow the money or put it on a credit card if you need to. I think you'll regret it if you don't help her.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
That wound looks very nasty. You won't find any antibiotics at a pet store. The little dove really does need to be evaluated by a vet or you may loose her and undoubtedly she is in pain. Borrow the money or put it on a credit card if you need to. I think you'll regret it if you don't help her.
Don't feel pressured to take it to the vet if it is outside your means. Unfortunatly I don't have any advice apart from this but hopefully someone else has something constructive to say

1 - 12 of 12 Posts