Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
How do I go about doing this? One hen has one egg and the other could be laying any time, or not. Both hens are in separate sections. Need to rotate the cock somehow. Both hens will raise their own youngs. First time trying this. Need advice. Thanks.
The only way to do this is with a set of foster parents. The cock wont take care of 2 nests. I would put the cock with one hen in one section, and then rotate him to the other hen in the other section. The 2nd hen should be the one you want the cock to be paired to. When the first hen lays, put her eggs under a foster pair.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I think the way to go about this is first of all, you need to pull all eggs from all pairs. All birds need to be on the same schedule. Put a, or, the cock bird in a section that has the potential hens. Lock the hens in different nest boxes. The cock is on the floor. Let one hen out at a time. They should mate quickly---if they have been seperated! This system requires foster parents, but this is the way to put your stud out to range!:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.