Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can I keep two female pigeons together? Will they will be happy or angry? Also I don't want adult pigeons i want little ones can you suggest me best age for keeping pigeons? Also tell me are Indian fantail pigeons smart and loving just like homing or other intelligent pigeons ?????

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Can I keep two female pigeons together? Will they will be happy or angry? Also I don't want adult pigeons i want little ones can you suggest me best age for keeping pigeons? Also tell me are Indian fantail pigeons smart and loving just like homing or other intelligent pigeons ?????
Hello please reply 馃檹馃徎馃檹馃徎馃檹馃徎馃檹馃徎 i want to purchase pigeons馃檹馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
You can swap out their real eggs for fake pigeon eggs. Thats what we do.
Thankyou for the reply. Isn't its cruel to throw away the eggs and break the hopes of a happy pigeon couple who really wanted to raise a baby馃檨.
Btw please also give me answers for the other questions I hav asked above

Registered
No, it's not cruel to throw away the eggs. Pigeons can live long in captivity. You are looking at a 20 year commitment. Baby pigeons grow up and might not always be so loving and friendly. Totally different than a dog or a cat. Even handraised babies can get agressive.

Registered
From experience you can try the swap and throw away, but I can guarantee you the birds will know that it is a fake egg the more you do it. Eventually they will push the fake eggs out the nest the day after you swap them. The hen will keep laying every month or so and eventually her health will deteriorate and increase her risk for egg binding (death). Two hens together they will be fine. Majority of male pigeons will be more aggressive. Pigeons will grow, so you will have to adult birds no matter what sex they are. Every bird has their character. Fantails are fine if you are not planning to let them fly around.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
From experience you can try the swap and throw away, but I can guarantee you the birds will know that it is a fake egg the more you do it. Eventually they will push the fake eggs out the nest the day after you swap them. The hen will keep laying every month or so and eventually her health will deteriorate and increase her risk for egg binding (death). Two hens together they will be fine. Majority of male pigeons will be more aggressive. Pigeons will grow, so you will have to adult birds no matter what sex they are. Every bird has their character. Fantails are fine if you are not planning to let them fly around.
Thank you much for the reply 馃檹 will two hens feel lonely without a male or they will be happy with me if I play with them?? I love pigeons I can play all day with them. My female pigeon flew away because she wanted a male pigeon and never came back to me馃槙.

Registered
Hello please reply 馃檹馃徎馃檹馃徎馃檹馃徎馃檹馃徎 i want to purchase pigeons馃檹馃徎
Yes, you can keep two females together. I have two females who are devoted to each other. Both lay eggs; but of course, the eggs aren't fertile. They nest together as a couple and lay on each other's eggs, until I remove them after awhile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts