Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I thought I'd update you all today from my last topic:
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f14/how-did-you-get-in-contact-43101.html

Today I went to the club house... and boy are those the nicest group of people you'll ever meet or what!! Many of them were telling me things and answering questions, one even drew up plans for a loft for me. The nicest guy I found to be was one who had this cock win two 500 mile races, a 400 mile race and 2nd in another 400 mile race that bird is in magazines, he said hes even won 18,000$ in a race one time. What a great guy he said he would of given me breeders but he sold them all because hes getting out of it slowly. But so many people offered me birds and help, I was even offered a clock. What a great experience I had today and I can't wait till I get my loft built!!

Thanks,
Shokri

·
Registered
253 Posts
Shokri

Do you have any homers now? If you don't I would be happy to give you some 2010 youngsters that you gould fly. I live about a hour away from Albany in Southern VT. let me know.

Walter

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I'm so glad you had a good experience with the club! It's the opposite clubs that keep people away from the sport. You're lucky to get a good buch of apples :)

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Didn't I tell you pigeon people just love to talk birds glad you had such a good experience at the club house. If its going to take you awhile to get the loft built get a couple of rabit hutches they make good breeding pens. good luck
Dave

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
There are a lot of real nice racing people out there and I am so glad that you had a real good experience with a nice bunch of people...Start saving your money so that you can build you own loft and really join the racing world or start right now if you want when the weather gets warmer--good luck to you---good for you....c.hert

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Covenant Loft, thank you so much for the offer I'll think about it.. I've gotten so many that idk if I can take yours, they said they would bring me up at the meeting for ways to help me out and get me birds so I don't think I can, but if I decide to I definitely will tell you.

MaryOfExeter, yea I was so afraid of meeting a bunch of old guys who wanted to be good in the sport and didn't want anyone new or to help anyone out, but I feel very lucky.

Crazy Pete, thats a good idea but I'm hoping to start and have my loft done by spring break (Beginning of april) hopefully even though my plans for a pigeon loft went from a 4 x2 to a 8 x 4 x6 my dads friend will still help me build it, I also want to thank you publicly you have been soo helpful to me and answering my emails and threads, you are a great person for this community and sport.

c.hert, the guy that drew me the plan said it should only cost me 150$ but I'm thinking to make it all look nice it'll end up 200-250$, I HATE asking my parents for money I like to pay for it myself so that way I can say I did it all by myself

I'm upset that I can write so much about animals llike I just have but I can't write an essay lol.

Thanks,
Shokri

·
Registered
233 Posts
It's great that you have met a great group of guys. I did not have that good of an expirence my first time joining a club a while back. For a new guy then, I thouht I would be welcome. But it felt like I was being grilled and was pressured not to join. I decided to leave and join another club which was really healpful and welcoming. Not to be mean or anything but I think karma has hit them because there club members are at a low and now they are trying hard to get new flyers. Good pigeon guys are always the one who like to poke jokes at you.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Hey I thought I'd update you all today from my last topic:
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f14/how-did-you-get-in-contact-43101.html

Today I went to the club house... and boy are those the nicest group of people you'll ever meet or what!! Many of them were telling me things and answering questions, one even drew up plans for a loft for me. The nicest guy I found to be was one who had this cock win two 500 mile races, a 400 mile race and 2nd in another 400 mile race that bird is in magazines, he said hes even won 18,000$ in a race one time. What a great guy he said he would of given me breeders but he sold them all because hes getting out of it slowly. But so many people offered me birds and help, I was even offered a clock. What a great experience I had today and I can't wait till I get my loft built!!

Thanks,
Shokri
Now that is GREAT NEWS !!! :D

Be sure to remember this positive experience, and then some day when you are the "Old Hand" around the club, make sure you extend that same positive experience to the next "New Guy" and if we all do that, in short order, we will find ourselves undergoing a wave of new growth in our clubs !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts