Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else ever had this happen to them that a band is missing it's number? It sucks because my club does a top 10 band futurity race and the band was number 4 so now I had to make number 11 my futurity band but I already banded a bird that I wouldn't put a money band on but who knows maybe band number 11 will be lucky.

It looks like the sticker that goes around the aluminum before it is covered in plastic, that has the numbers on it wasn't put on properly and the number is not visable.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Yes I collect racing Pigeon bands and have a very nice collection. about 4700 different bands from 88-89 different countries. About 1200 USA bands with 550 different letters -from 38 different States---along with about 65-70 personal bands --Names-phone-some with addresses. I have one--AU-01-DEN-0000 another AU-01 -XXXX [ no club name or letters ] Anyone can send me Bands and I will be proud and glad to add them.
This collection will end up at the World of Wings in Oklahoma City --some day.

Don Rice
1601 Blackburn road
Sachse Texas
75048-2901

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Well they certainly made a mistake with that band huh? A special band, as I'm sure that rarely happens. You can see where the number is supposed to be, the paper is tore. No good for banding anyone, since you need a number to race. Best to send it to Don :)

I collect bands too by the way :p

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well they certainly made a mistake with that band huh? A special band, as I'm sure that rarely happens. You can see where the number is supposed to be, the paper is tore. No good for banding anyone, since you need a number to race. Best to send it to Don :)

I collect bands too by the way :p

They sure did, and I'm thinking the same as you it's gotta be rare for one to be made that way let alone make it all the way to the flyer and not get caught by sombody. I'm glad I noticed it didn't have a number and didn't just band a baby with it.

As for you collectors I think I'm gonna keep this one. :D I'm not a band collector for say yet but I do have quite a few dif bands laying around so if I ever do decide to make a band collection I'll be mad I didn't have this one so I'm gonna save this one. Sorry

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Wow on the collection!

Mistakes can happen on printing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts