Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know pigeons should be in pairs to be happy but I don't want babies and I wanna know if two males or females will get along fine without any problems.
If I get two females what do I do with the eggs? Will they lose trust if I take their eggs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know pigeons should be in pairs to be happy but I don't want babies and I wanna know if two males or females will get along fine without any problems.
If I get two females what do I do with the eggs? Will they lose trust if I take their eggs?
When they lay eggs you can switch them out for fake eggs. You can get fake eggs at Amazon or pigeon supply websites. If ordering from Amazon make sure you get the pigeon size, as they sell fake eggs for other species as well. A hen pigeon lays two eggs in a clutch, so once there are two eggs in the nest you can switch them. They will growl and wing slap when you try to take their eggs but once you've made the switch they forget about it. Once the incubation period is over and nothing hatches out, they just lose interest in the fake eggs and then you can take them out to use the next time.

Re getting along, female + female and female + male will get along, but male + male will fight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts