Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi dear PT users
i have a mini incubator.i put 13 pigeon egg in first day after 7 day remove Not fertilization egg and in day 15 move the egg in hatch basket and i wait for hatching in day 17-18 but did not occur!!!and now is day 22 i Break the egg and saw baby have been dead and have very bad smell room Temperature in all day was between 29-30-31 degree and incubator Temperature and humidity
day1:37.7-80%
day2:37.7-70%
day3:37.7-68%
day4;37.7-69%
day5:37.7-69%
day6;37.7-70%
day7;37.7-70%
day8;37.7-70%
day9;37.4-75%
day10;37.7-72%
day11;37.7-71%
day12;37.7-68%
day13;37.7-68%
day14;37.7-69%
day15;37.7-71%
day16;37.7-78%
day17;37.7-79%
day18;37.7-78%
day19;37.7-78%
day20;37.7-77%
day21;37.7-69%
day22;37.7-70%
What was wrong?
what abut airway size?is it enough for good ventilation?
plz tell me what i do for next try? incubator Temperature in first 15 day and last 3 day?room Temperature?humidity Percent of incubator?airway size in first 15 day and last 3 day?

EDIT: Embedded images removed. They are at the links shown. Be aware that you may find them disturbing. On your own head be it.

http://i46.tinypic.com/x53v43.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2qbwxnp.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/sde6o7.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/ejwiyr.jpg

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Before I ask THE QUESTION....IMO,your temps were not exact and they needed more time time to develope and hatch, the temp was enough to develope an embryo but was not right for the normal time it takes a pair to naturally incubate 19 days....if the temps are off it could take longer for development, just as if a pair did not sit eggs consistently it can deley hatching. Now why did you do this, who was going to hand feed all those babies?...the actual birds do a much better job of incubation AND feeding as this experiment or whatever it is has shown you.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Wow that is going to be one difficult task to feed all those babies. From what I read your humidity is way off. First day was good but you flucuated at a low spectrum. From what I read they need humidity around 80. Mom and dad must keep the humidity levels high for them. (which is weird to me because the humidity levels here are not that high right now and my eggs are doing great. Must be something with the nest and the way the parents sit on them. Probably why they tuck them so nicely under them

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
What was your thought process? As already mentioned...it would have been very difficult for you to raise all those babies.
It's a real same they all had to die. Those pictures make me feel sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Why would someone do something like that, and cause all those poor things to suffer and die, when you don't know what you are doing? Would it not have been better to learn what needs to be done and how, before actually testing it on living creatures?
Good question already asked.......How were you planning on feeding and raising these babies if you hadn't killed them?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm sorry but I really don't agree with this, why take perfectly good eggs away from the parents??? I am currently incubating an egg because I have to the parents aren't around to do it, I've done intensive research and run a rescue centre. These images to be honest upset me a lot.
I don't agree with this.
Plus I've read the incubation notes on this site and various others they state temp should be 35-37 degrees and 55%humidity but you should have waited to let them develop more :(

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Everybody should just chill out. We don't know where the eggs came from. Look at the country maybe he was trying to start a flock of pigeons for himself and this was the only way he can. Maybe he cant have the pgeons shipped there and was only able to come about a flock by eggs. He didn't stop the incubation something went wrong. Yes it is horrible that they died and it is difficult to feed a group of babies by hand but it may not have been a experiment. In certain areas of the world it may be diificult to come by pigeons. And we certainly all love them all

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Everybody should just chill out. We don't know where the eggs came from. Look at the country maybe he was trying to start a flock of pigeons for himself and this was the only way he can. Maybe he cant have the pgeons shipped there and was only able to come about a flock by eggs. He didn't stop the incubation something went wrong. Yes it is horrible that they died and it is difficult to feed a group of babies by hand but it may not have been a experiment. In certain areas of the world it may be diificult to come by pigeons. And we certainly all love them all
Who cares where the eggs came from? He should have asked questions before he started. No reason to chill here...this is horrible, horrible.:mad:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Wow all I was saying is we are jumping down his neck and we dont know what the situation was. Not everybody can just jump on a computer and order birds. Maybe it was ignorance maybe it was just a sucky mistake. But why criticize. Try to help and explain how hard it is to raise pigeons from just a egg

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Please don't try this again ......your location indicates that there would not be a shortage of birds , may I suggest obtaining a couple of pairs to hatch the eggs . I found the images disturbing and I can't help but feel this whole situation will happen again if you are to repeat the process.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
This is a pigeon advocacy site, and we view these as individual creatures who feel. They're alive. These aren't inanimate objects to practice with. You just don't do that with living things. You learn first and make sure of what you are doing. Saying oops! after the fact is just cruel.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Tabeta...I notice that you received a similar, strong reaction, form the members on another pigeon forum. I sure hope you listen and don't do the same thing again.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Wow all I was saying is we are jumping down his neck and we dont know what the situation was. Not everybody can just jump on a computer and order birds. Maybe it was ignorance maybe it was just a sucky mistake. But why criticize. Try to help and explain how hard it is to raise pigeons from just a egg
I agree, what if the guy do that again and don't show any pics here, instead if we have explained him of his wrong act and what will be the consequences he must never try that again but not the way people reacted here, it will be no help not to the birds neither to the guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi all dear user and thanks for reply
this is a science project for testing pigeon crop milk substitute.
pleas help me, otherwise I'll have to use trial and error method.:(

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
Um, I am pretty thick skinned but I didn't expect to see a row of dead babies and frankly I did not appreciate the lack of warning.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
The embedded images have been removed and replaced with the links and a content warning.

Poster - links only, please.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
hi all dear user and thanks for reply
this is a science project for testing pigeon crop milk substitute.
pleas help me, otherwise I'll have to use trial and error method.:(
They already make a hand feeding formula here in the US, if you need the ingredience it is not a secrect, just google (usa) "kaytee exact hand feeding formula." The hand feeding formula is only used for pigeons IF a pair of parent birds can't feed their young for what ever reason and the babies are orphanded and already in the nest and living. It is pretty idiotic to create orphans just to test a formula, with emotions aside, I think there is more to this story than just testing crop milk substitute. We already know it works because it is already out there.. it may not be perfect but the babies do grow on it.

Iam also leaning towards this bing a hoax, just to freak folks out..esp the emotional ones.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts