Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have babies from my Indian Fantail pair ans wanted to know what color will the babies will be when they grow up.....

Dad is pure white and MOM is brown grizzle..... I have given the pics and also have loaded the pics of the babies (not that good quality).

Waiting to hear on the color of the babies........

Thanks for the help in advance.

Link for the album

http://album.pimpandhost.com/Shankar/95605-my_fantails.html

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for the information.
Looking forward to see the coloration of the babies. They should be cute though.

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Hi CHILANGZ, First I don't think that you have a brown grizzle there looks to me to be a brown and white splash.If this is so then you will get brown splashes the youngster that shows dark skin will be much more brown with some white the other looks like it will be mostly white with some brown.I realy wish that the pictures that you posted showed the birds much larger. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply George. I will post much better pics when I get my Camera back. I have given my Camera to my friend and in the meanwhile I am clicking all the pics from the phone.
Can't wait what color I might get......

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Wow the one that hatched 2 days later sure seems much smaller than the older one :O

·
Registered
319 Posts
Okay - you can literally get almost anything from this pair. It's not brown, it's recessive red, so that can pretty much cover anything under it. As for the white, it's bull-eyed (recessive white) so again, it can pretty much cover anything. Your youngster (the older one) look like it's going to be a blue series bird (bar, check, etc.) The younger one may be a white or pied of some sort. The breeding pair you have can and will pump out lots of various colors - if you keep track of what the young are, we can begin to figure out what genes the adults are carrrying, but until then it will literally be a crap shoot on what you're going to get.

·
Registered
385 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts