Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi as I walked ba a tree I heard a thud I put my torch on and there was two baby pigeons on the ground then a cat ran off one died in my hand the other is still alive iv put him in a box with some tissue how do I care for it till well enough to let go

·
Registered
143 Posts
Did it get hurt by the cat? Cat saliva is deadly for birds and rodents, and their claws are a breeding ground for bad bacteria. If it did, you need to get it medication. I think @Marina B knows the proper dosage.

In the meantime, hand feed defrosted peas to the bird. Can you get a picture of the bird and any injuries you see on it? also a picture of its droppings? Thank you for helping the little guy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did it get hurt by the cat? Cat saliva is deadly for birds and rodents, and their claws are a breeding ground for bad bacteria. If it did, you need to get it medication. I think @Marina B knows the proper dosage.

In the meantime, hand feed defrosted peas to the bird. Can you get a picture of the bird and any injuries you see on it? also a picture of its droppings? Thank you for helping the little guy.
Bird Beak Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Wood
Mammal Gesture Tints and shades Wood Close-up

He has a injury under his wing this is he pop
Flower Plant Pollinator Insect Arthropod

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
He will need antibiotics as suggested. Problem is that you won't be able to get some from a pharmacy. Any pigeon friendly rescue centres closeby? His droppings don't look good. Can you check inside his beak and back of the throat for yellow growths? If all is clear, you can handfeed him green defrosted peas. Gently open the beak and put one small pea deep inside the beak over the tongue for him to swallow. Try to feed him 15 peas and when that gets digested feed 15 more. He will need about 90 peas per day divided into 3 meals of 30 each.

You don't have any amoxycillin based antibiotics?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts