Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

There's an injured or dying pigeon on my balcony and I have no idea what to do. I feel awful for it, even though pigeons and all birds terrify me to no end. Even if I found the courage to contain it, I don't have a car to transport it anywhere.

The details:
It has been on my balcony since yesterday afternoon.
It's staying in the corner of the balcony, sheltered behind a broom.
I have NOT fed it or given it water, nor approached it.
He can walk but he can't fly (or I'm assuming he'd have flown away by now).
His eyes open now and again but mostly he's kind of "tucked in" and looks like he's sleeping.

I may be afraid of birds but I LOVE ALL ANIMALS and don't want this little guy to suffer :( I went on various websites and the main problem is that I have no car to transport him from here to a wildlife place. He seems comfortable where he is and he's NOT flying into things or bashing into walls so I think he's safe until a solution can be found. I'd call the landlords to remove it but I'm afraid they would just chuck it in the garbage :(

ANY ADVICE OR HELP WOULD BE HUGELY APPRECIATED!!!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If it is any consolation pigeons can not really bit hard (like a parrot) and don't usually bite anyway. If he is not feeling well to the point where he is sitting there for that long he is not going to put up much of a fight anyway. Please follow Skyking's link. Probably will not be enough but if you really can't bring yourself to catch him at least put some food (bird seed) and a shallow dish of water for him. If he is that ill he needs more care (warmth, maybe antibiotics etc.) but if just starved will be some help. If you can't bring yourself to pick it up maybe you have a friend who can??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts