Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If image worked shows hedge where he will be moved to from fence line 10mt away.(conifer). In safe compound with three exits to roam garden and not confuse him with only one. Closed at night.

A silly question; will he be confused when he wants to wander home. He has run of the garden as I hate seeing birds caged, even though he can't fly, damaged wing ( previous post). As you are aware us oldies in UK are on lockdown.vet wilk give him the chop and he seems too lively for that. Mixes with others who I feed.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Can't see any image. Is he flapping his wings and trying to fly? As long as he eats well, he will be fine. If he does not want to go back to his sleeping spot at night, you can just slowly walk behind him and chase him in that direction. Pigeons like to sleep as high as possible at night. You can try and put the cage on a table and built him a sort of ladder to get in there. At least he will then be off the ground. Pigeons are clever, he will quickly figure it out.

This guy is keeping you busy during lockdown. It's good, there's nothing better than caring for a animal/bird that needs your help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't see any image. Is he flapping his wings and trying to fly? As long as he eats well, he will be fine. If he does not want to go back to his sleeping spot at night, you can just slowly walk behind him and chase him in that direction. Pigeons like to sleep as high as possible at night. You can try and put the cage on a table and built him a sort of ladder to get in there. At least he will then be off the ground. Pigeons are clever, he will quickly figure it out.

This guy is keeping you busy during lockdown. It's good, there's nothing better than caring for a animal/bird that needs your help.
Thanks I've to grasp how to get images on..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks but think I' ve got hang of posting photos now after a test. Hopefully might even appear in this message. Iron Backyard Yard Tree Plant you might see it now

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Very blurry photo. Is it the spot underneath the bushes? As long as no predator can get to him at night, it will be ok.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very blurry photo. Is it the spot underneath the bushes? As long as no predator can get to him at night, it will be ok.
No he'll have double protection his compound with roof and closed off exits at night. Then existing wire fencing to keep out our cat( we keep eye on her )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.