Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Tonight we found an injured mourning dove on the bank of our creek. When we went to pick it up and move it away from our dog - she hopped in my husbands' hands. We have her in a dark bathroom - she has perched on the edge of the basket we placed her in. Reading other posts on your site - I need to find a rescue group to take her to tomorrow - we are in Cumming, GA. ANy suggestions as to what we can do???? My 6 year old is already EXTREMELY attached!

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Here's some names that I found with the same area code as Cumming, GA. Not sure how close/far they are from you? Hope this helps.

Conyers, GA
Melanie Haire 770-918-8811

Permits: State (1989)/ Fed. (1990)/ mammals birds raptors RVS

Comments: Injured or orphaned all species. Specialties include songbirds river otters

--------------------------------------

Lilburn, GA
Elizabeth Hartman (770)978-2151

Permits: State (1992) and state rabies vector species (2001)

Comments: I am experienced in bats and raccoons but will take any animals I am licensed for. Will do transfers as well. http //www.basicallybats.org

-----------------------
Loganville, GA
Dr. Jessica Kidd (770) 554-6939

Species: small_mammals birds raptors
Comments: I would prefer Medical cases to orphans but will accept any wild life. Especially interested in Medical Management of Raptors
-------------------

Loganville, GA
Janet Howard 770-554-0264

Permits: State permit (2001); federal subpermit
Species: small_mammals birds

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Just to add...
if the above does not take Doves, ask her for a referral. The sooner the better as it sounds like the Dove does need help. For a wild bird to be so tame is really not normal.
You must know that it isn't legal for you to keep the Dove as it is a protected species.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.