Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry to post this here, but have been unable to find out where to post on this site. Like another post I just read, I too came across an injured mourning dove that had been attacked by a few of the neighbourhood cats. I know nothing about caring for her, but I put her in a large box on a soft old shirt in a warm place so she can stabilize and know that she is safe. I have room temperature water ready to go in with her when she has had a chance to rest. I believe that she is still well hydrated (eyes are bright and she is very aware) I fear that her crop may have been injured as I saw seed on her chest but she was so terrified that I wanted her to be able to calm down before I took a better look. Her tail feathers are completely gone and there is a slight injury to the right wing, but other than that I think she is ok. I don't have money to take her to an avian vet, but I didn't have the heart to just leave her there for those cats to do what they were going to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Please send messages to me or I might not find your answers!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Please put the done in a quiet dark area and keep her warm (use a heating pad on low). I think the dove really needs to go to a rehabber ASAP, where are you located?

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I PMed her asking where he/she is and said the bird needs an Amxicylin-based antibiotic asap. Also the crop may need sewing.

This message was posted by Teresa, after I had already started a seperate thread on behalf of SoftieC.

Thank you, Teresa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts