Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Lisa and I found a wild pigeon stuck on my roof gutters and like any sensible person I took her down fed her a gave her water and in doing this I noticed there was a problem with the birds legs. The legs are stiff from the body down but she does have movement in her claws. She just can't stand up and walk like the other birds do. She can't perch or anything. I have to hold her to feed her and give her water because she just can't stand still to do it for herself she keeps flapping her wings.
Please I just don't know what to do about her legs. Some advice would be greatly appriciated.......
I named her princess because she looks so innocent and sweet
I do want to help her.....

thanks
a fellow bird and animal lover

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Does the bird have little yellow fuzzy feathers?
if so, you have found a baby Pigeon. Often the parents will make their nests in gutters.
It would be helpful if you would post a picture. If you sdo have a baby and can retun it to where you found it that would be best, unless the bird would be in danger by doing so. If that's the case, you will need to hand feed the bird or find a rehabber to turn it over to. It's not easy to find a rehabber that will take Pigeons.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Yes, some clear pics of the entire pigeon as well as his/her legs would give us something to go on....Thanks for helping ! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts