Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a pigeon on the window sill of my apartment tonight and it had a badly damaged eye. It is 8 hours later and he is still there-obviously distressed. I have taken an injured pigeon to Animal General once but I am not sure they will be in on a Sunday. Any other ideas if not? Anything I can do to comfort this scared little bird?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Please open the window and bring the bird inside. Put him in a kennel with a towel on the bottom and a heating pad set on low underneath him, if you have one. It would be helpful if you would post a picture.
Even if Animal General isn't open tomorrow, the bird will be safer inside and we can talk you through how to feed him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think mabe the bird got in to a fight or mabe got an illness from other birds. To calm him down I think you should leave hima lone in a warm room in a blanket offer him some good seed or crumbs. I think you can call a vet or someone and they will come and check him out.

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Hi ketherine,

Just gently get him rounded up and into some thing, like say, an ample Cardboard CBox, with some look outs cut into the sides...

Line the Bottom with white paper towels, and, drape the top with something sheer, so light can filter in.

Allow him a small inch and a half or deeper Bowlor flat bottom Coffee Cup of Water, and set his arrange table top high in a calm surround.

Let us know what the poops look like, postig images of them, and of him, and of his Eye condition, if possible.

Where are you located?

Best wishes!

Phil
Las Vegas

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Folks...this thread was started back in mid-July and the original poster never came back w/ update....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts