Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this scalped, injured pigeon 4 days ago, probably attacked by a crow. He didn't eat or drink for the first day so I gave him a little bit of water with salt and sugar via syringe. I also gave him meloxicam, synulox and baycox. His weight was 275 grams. Since the first day his droppings are green and very very liquid. After syringe he started to drink on his own but he drinks A LOT of water and peeing a lot. Second day I hand fed him with defrosted peas, not much, only like 40 for the whole day. On the third day I took him to the vet, his weight was 260 grams (15g less) and they prescribed meloxicam 0,14ml and marbofloxacin 0,12ml, both once every 24 hours. They said he is fine and that nothing is wrong with his droppings which I don't agree! So when I got home I gave him his meds and also gave him metronidazole 0,15 ml. I hand fed him defrosted peas and corn, but later he vomited some corn so I didn't gave him more that day. Next day I tried again with only defrosted peas (40), but he womited few after 7-8 hours when I came to feed him again. So I didn't feed him anymore. All this time he drinks too many water, after he vomited I weighted him and he was 250g, then weighted him right away after drinking a minute later and he was 285g. Because so much water he falls on his head, tail and feet up.
I really don't know what to do anymore, he is loosing weight, won't eat on his own and vomit if hand fed. I'm so worried especially because his droppings are very liquid and green, no solid part (just a little after feeding but not much).
What else can I do cause I really really want keep him alive. Please help! View attachment 97601 View attachment 97602 View attachment 97603 View attachment 97604

1 - 1 of 1 Posts