Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
One of my pigeons (indian Lokkha, age 3 months) fell behind my wardrobe and got injured. Now she can't stand up and blood in the stool. She has got very panicked. Whenever we go near her, she tries to move with her wings, but her legs are totally disabled. She eats and drinks water in little. It has been 2 days.

Can you please advice what treatment and medication to do? Shall i apply antibiotic?

Thanks in advance..
Akhsan, Dhaka, Bangladesh

·
Registered
6,924 Posts
Poor birdie. Can you pls post a photo so we can see how she might be hurt and make suggestions? Am hoping she is still just upset and will be better soon. If she is eating that us very good.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I wouldn't give antibiotics. That won't help, and will just mess with her gut. She may have internal injuries, or broken her spine. Can't really know without xrays and a good vet.
If that isn't possible, then I would keep her warm and quiet in a cage, without bright lighting. Make her a little nest to nestle in, and make sure she can reach her feed and water easily. Like I said, she needs a vet, but if you can't get her to one, just give her time and see if she recovers.

Do the legs look or feel as though they are broken? Any cuts or wounds?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Yes, I hope she does too. Hard to find a good vet over there, which makes it worse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Recovered a lot

She has recovered a lot. Her droppings have beccome normal now. She is walking here and there (even comes to my drawing room and sneaks!). Her wings are still not fully working, though she can jump up to 1 feet hight. I didnot give her any medicine. Just wiped her below areas covered with droppings with Viodin. I also followed Jay3's advice. Kept her in separate place with food and water. I am sure she will get well fully soon.

I could not reply as I was too busy with my office works these days. I thank you all for your concern. Take care..

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I'm glad she is doing better. Hope she continues to improve. I hope she get calcium/D3 supplementation, and probiotics, as these things are important to her being healthy and healing well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.