Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I came across a wood pigeon (I think it's a juvenile), huddled on the pavement, bleeding from inside the mouth, coming through beak, with one blood red eye. There was a small pool of blood beside him (or her). No visible injuries other than the afore said. His wings seem to be fine. My guess is he was hit by a car, but it is only a guess. I've brought the bird home and secured him in a dark place in a safe container. I thought he might die but he seemed ok when I last checked on him (an hour ago). The bleeding has stopped, his eye is not bloody anymore. I put some water in the container with him. I'd really appreciate some advice on what to do next? I live in Bradford, West Yorkshire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update on injured wood pigeon

Thanks for the link. Today I contacted a rescue centre approx 10 miles from me and they came over early evening to collect (Woodie) the juvenile wood pigeon and they will now give him the care he needs to recover fully.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Well done! :)

Can I ask which sanctuary you contacted? It is so kind if them to collect it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I thought it was really good of them too, I expected to have to take Woodie over to them. I gave them a donation (not asked for or expected) and also offered to do some voluntary work for them which they gratefully accepted. Their details are:
Wildlife Rescue Sanctuaries
Springfield Mill
Oakworth Road
Keighley
BD21 1QQ
[email protected]
01535 603558

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Thank you, that is one that I particularly like because she has been in touch with me and she sent me updated contact information recently which shows a positive desire to help pigeons. I am so glad you have offered to do voluntary work , that should be interesting and enjoyable too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts