Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in UK. Cornwall - Callington. Found a young injured wood pigeon walking up the path. One wing is drooping - he cannot use it or fly. No blood anywhere. He is very stressed. I have him in one of my parrot carrier cages on a blanket with food and water. He hasn't touched the food yet.

He is outside at the moment with a cover over half of the cage and has been with me for about an hour. I am not sure if the wing is broken and don't feel comfortable man-handling him to have a look (wouldn't know what I was looking for anyway).

Does anyone know somewhere local I can take this fellow to get him some help? Worried about vets - I don't want him to be put down. I have access to a car, but obviously we are meant to be in bloody lockdown, but I could drive him to someone if they are able to help.

Sam

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
If you are on Facebook, try this site: Pigeon rescue and rehabilitation. There are plenty of members in the UK, I'm sure someone will be able to help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On it - have posted on Pigeon Rescue and Protection on Facebook. Thank you very much. I have him inside now. Am going to defrost some peas to tempt him to eat!

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
Can you post a photo? He might be too young to be able to eat by himself. Then you will need to handfeed him the peas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts