Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been interested in getting some pet pigeons for a while now, but honestly know nothing about them. My first big question is it humane for them to be kept outside? I live in Connecticut, so it can get both pretty hot and very cold at different times of the year. Is there a way to setup a habitat that they can live happily and healthy outdoors? Other then that I am just looking for suggestions on books and other resources where I can learn everything I need to know to be the best pet owner possible. Thank you so much in advance for the help!

-Julie

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Welcome to pigeon talk. Everything you need to know about pigeons can be found in this forum and the members are very helpful.
If I may ask, what got you interested in pigeons and what do you expect to get from them? They are wonderful as pets and hobby but they do require care and commitment to their health and safety. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hello, I have been interested in getting some pet pigeons for a while now, but honestly know nothing about them. My first big question is it humane for them to be kept outside? I live in Connecticut, so it can get both pretty hot and very cold at different times of the year. Is there a way to setup a habitat that they can live happily and healthy outdoors? Other then that I am just looking for suggestions on books and other resources where I can learn everything I need to know to be the best pet owner possible. Thank you so much in advance for the help!

-Julie
Welcome to pigeon talk!:) Start by reading all the "loft design" forums, there you will find the answers to your first questions. There is a world of information on this site and everyone is so helpful and eager to answer any questions you may have. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hi Julie, welcome to the forum!
Pigeons are wonderfull pets, the more love you give them, more you get in return.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much for the info!!!
and I'm so embarrassed, I promise I know how to spell Pigeon, I just typed the title of this thread too fast!!
Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts