Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Interesting Meds News.....Appartex (aka Clazuril)....&....

Just went to order some on Jedd's...and they say it is no longer available as an OTC. :eek:

I rushed over to Foy's and proceeded to buy several boxes, as they still had stock.

Dunno if this is true or not...but it has been my go-to pill for coccidiosis.

Just wanted to make a note of that for anyone who might also regularly use it. You might wanna buy some (or a lot)....now.

Odd...they are also showing Spartrix as no longer available...yet (again) Foy's still has it.....

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I live close enough to JEDDS to actually go there from time to time. It's strange how you can sometimes find things in the store that aren't available on the website and vice versa. If you were strictly trying to order via the website, you might want to give them a call and see if they actually have Appertex in the store.

That's a real bummer if Appertex has been discontinued here in the US and the same for Spartrix. Hopefully it's just that JEDDS isn't carrying these products any longer for whatever the reason.

Terry

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Vets here have been advising not to go and treat for coccidiosis right away unless it is a secondary infection. Says that the pigeon can itself recover or be in complete harmony with cocci as long as the loft is not wet.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TA....it may just be that, that they are not carrying any longer. I believe they both come from the same company...so perhaps Jedd's just isn't dealing w/ them any longer.

Shreesh....this is true, cocci is always in there and Pigeons seem to live with it OK. But when the symptoms become very dramatic, I usually treat...and come to think of it, in most cases the cocciodis is accompanied by other maladies; so I can see where it would be the kind of illness which is either exacerbating or exacerbated by others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts