Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a can of Zinsser's Shellac that says when dry it is non-toxic and hypoallergenic. A month ago I put one coat on a couple of temporary perches and they clean off really easy. I would like to use it in my 'soon to be Bird House' (loft). Anyone else use it? It is actually made from amber-that petrified stuff they make jewelery from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,724 Posts
I think you’d be okay as long as you let it dry thoroughly, since the resin is dissolved in denatured alcohol. Dried shellac is so non-toxic that it is used as food glaze on pill shaped sweets such as Skittles - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shellac!

Shellac creates a beautiful finish. My only concern is if it would create a slick surface making for tricky landings and potential injuries.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top