Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having trouble with the post office taking a lot longer to deliver pigeons sent by express mail?
For the last month or so the post office has been delivering over half of the boxes of pigeons I shipped, a day or more later than they are supposed to.
They are now guaranteeing live animals at 3 days rather then the 1 or 2 days the postage calculator says it will take for express mail delivery.
They still charge the same high rates, but the service has become undependable.
The birds are handling shipping well, but is frustrating that they so seldom arrive on time anymore.
I don't think it has much to do with the overabundance of holiday mail.
Keith

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
It would probably be best not to ship between Nov. 1st and January 2nd, as far as added shipping delays are concerned. And even later regarding weather factors.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
It would probably be best not to ship between Nov. 1st and January 2nd, as far as added shipping delays are concerned. And even later regarding weather factors.
ditto, I tried to remind folks of this time of year and shipping... I would not have birds sent to me or from me untill spring at this point also...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Keith,
My Reed birds came in last week, in 1 day. I got some rollers from David strait today that shipped out Monday. I know things have been getting rerouted with postal distrabution centers closing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts