Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know if it is ok to feed my rollers bread, what benfits does bread have to a roller thanx:)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
for a treat it should be fine, but not their main diet. not sure what benifits, you may want to use whole wheat instead of the white, could get soggy in the crop.

·
Guardian Angel
585 Posts
I agree with spirit wings on this. Bread dont have all the supplements that pigeons need to develop and keep them strong that will help keep them from getting sick.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
White bread doesn't give them anything. If you offer bread, try whole wheat or something else like that. They do like the white bread though. Just don't give them too much.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine like the bread treats too, however i notice that it makes their poops harder to scrape, as they stick like cement.
The parents especially like it for making food for the babies.
I realise too that it has no nutritional value but it must taste nice to them and i would think that it would sustain them as it would for us if we have nothing else to eat??

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lo true aussiegirl i try to feed all of them of bit of every thing i have strated to put garlic oil in thier mix and today i have cleand the loft and bath them with salt.

i am feeding them something called blue band pigion conditioner the pet shop guys said it is good for roller pigion i mixed grit with it in tub since last wensday i have been fedding them i also feed chick this they love it but i have read taht too much grit and blue band pigion conditioner is not good for them it give them the runs but i have seen big differences in them they started to fly high not to high in kit and roll togeather i have young rollers and fancy pigion who sit down or separted in air yesterday i think i over feed them they stayed up 25 mins lol

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
lo true aussiegirl i try to feed all of them of bit of every thing i have strated to put garlic oil in thier mix and today i have cleand the loft and bath them with salt.

i am feeding them something called blue band pigion conditioner the pet shop guys said it is good for roller pigion i mixed grit with it in tub since last wensday i have been fedding them i also feed chick this they love it but i have read taht too much grit and blue band pigion conditioner is not good for them it give them the runs but i have seen big differences in them they started to fly high not to high in kit and roll togeather i have young rollers and fancy pigion who sit down or separted in air yesterday i think i over feed them they stayed up 25 mins lol
The grit should be fed in a separate dish, not in with the food. They'll take it when they need it, but it should be separate.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jay 3 thanks for the advice im going to add more feed mix to the grit in the box i have all ready and than i will separate the grit frm the feed conditioner

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
jay 3 thanks for the advice im going to add more feed mix to the grit in the box i have all ready and than i will separate the grit frm the feed conditioner
That would really be a lot better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts