Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to let the breeders take a bath at least once a week. Due to having eggs and youngsters. Thanks

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Is it ok to let the breeders take a bath at least once a week. Due to having eggs and youngsters. Thanks
Not only is it important for the birds but you too.

Keeps the wife happy,
Tony

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
There is a thought among few owners here in the neighborhood that an incubating pigeon, if it takes bath and sit on the eggs, the eggs die due to the cold from the water :p

Studies have proven the opposite as that the properly moist egg shells are the one which is easy for the squab to break open. A too dry egg may be much difficult and turn fatal if the chick is not able to break the shell and get its lungs to working.

So let them enjoy the bath.... and as Tony suggested it is good for everyone too :p I don't have a wife but still I take bath twice a day :)

G

·
baths are very good and they help with the humidity level of the eggs ,which helps the chicks during hatching to get out of the eggshells :D

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. I will be doing it at least once a week early in the morning on nice days. For they could have all day to dry up.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
It's absolutely a must for all pigeons, and especially during incubation-as already mentioned.

I offer my birds baths at least 3 times a week.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Absolutely, I offer my birds a bath every day since we have mild weather here year 'round. Most of them will bathe every day. And sit day after day after day in their aviary in the rain when it does rain. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts