Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued a little feral pigeon, about 2 weeks ago (now my pet). I think she's about 35 days old. She seems very healthy and is active & curious when she hangs around the house with me but only today that I have noticed that she feels hot like her beak & feet feel, to me not like a normal warm body but more hotter. She also has become clingy to me this afternoon although she seems happy and chirpy. So I'm not sure if I'm over reacting or the lil one is getting sick.. could some one please let me know if the hot beak & feet are anything to worry about thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
pigeon health

I rescued a little feral pigeon, about 2 weeks ago (now my pet). I think she's about 35 days old. She seems very healthy and is active & curious when she hangs around the house with me but only today that I have noticed that she feels hot like her beak & feet feel, to me not like a normal warm body but more hotter. She also has become clingy to me this afternoon although she seems happy and chirpy. So I'm not sure if I'm over reacting or the lil one is getting sick.. could some one please let me know if the hot beak & feet are anything to worry about thanks
howdy, i have read pigeon body temperatures are hotter than i thought,about 105/106*,my babies when i pick them up to place in fresh poop box- feel very warm,..just watch your little friend for abnormal behavior,..ensure he is drinking water, eating bird food/diet,.,-check poops,.and flying-(as opposed to puffed up on the floor),.inspect feathers for lice,ie do the ends of the feathers look as if they have been chewed on,.does he do alot of scratching or shaking-the plumage,..ie body signs,..the more you learn about them(generally) the easier is to catch the onset of the evil things which kill without mercy,-my pigeon(cooz)is over 5 years old,.my best buddy,..sincerely [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.