Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently rescued and raised two ferals, they are both about 2 months old.
I thought the larger of the two was a cock and the smaller a hen but now im not so sure. The smaller of the two has started to make pigeon noises at the larger pigeon, it then feeds it and occasionly mounts it. Is it a male pigeon? Also arent they too young to be exhibiting that kind of behaviour?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im not sure about ferals but I dont think fancy pigeons are sexually mature until about a year old so thatvgives you an idea. At their age, they are acting on instincts so its probably only natural for them to experiment but this young they probably are too young to actually breed.
Pigeons are difficult to sex and size is not always a discriminator. Also, femsles will sometime display in a similar way to males so behaviour isnt always definitive
If they are different genders then they are likely to pair up if you keep them together. If you are keeping them and dont want babies then you would need to switch any eggs they produced with fake ones.
Hope that helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts