Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kay the title is mostly for laughs but now moving into the serious part.

Today I went on the balcony after hearing some noise, I thought it was Chewy sicne he's been visiting recently, well anyway the pigeon I saw WASN'T Chewy. The pigeon was sort of a light coffee/caramel color both the feet and peak were solid pink and the eyes were a light sort of gold-ish color. The tail on the bird s white with a little of the caramel color mixed in around the lower back area of the pigeon.

He looked a little small for a typical feral but he sat on the edge of the roof for a couple seconds, just long enough for me to say 'Hi' then he took off. When I saw him I knew that it wasn't Chewy's mate Carmel since she's darker than this other bird who I've named Cappuccino.

I don't know if he has an owner or if he's just a run-of-mill feral but what made me think he might've been a pet is 1, he looks smaller than Chewy and 2 his feathers looked rather well-kept for a feral pigeon.

I could be wrong about Cappuccino being a guy I just thought he was since his neck looked more bulky than a females.

I'll keep an eye out for if Cappuccino comes back

Sorry this was posted in the wrong place.

Oh! and for those who don't know, Chewy and Carmel are my feral pigeon neighbors.

This is the first time I've seen Chewy come by the house in a while. I guess he and Carmel are on vacation.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, oh! one of my Mom's co-workers who has a loft in her yard invited us over to her house this Saturday. This'll be my second time so I'll get a chance to see how Coffee's grown!

For those who don't know Coffee is a brown and white squeaker who I sort of "adopted" he was 2 weeks old when I saw him which was a month ago....heh I wonder if he'll remember me. Will get some more pics while I'm there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts