Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bird was turned in to our rescue facility. It has one green band on its leg that says 28 -that is all. He is happy and appears very healthy.

I am wondering if this is a King Pigeon? The bird is heavy and certainly very dominant. The bird wants to be the boss around here.

We need to find the bird a home. It is soom going to be busy season for us and the flight cage he currently occupies will be needed for other birds. I don't think we can release him, he doesn't look like he could make it on his own.

We are in Austin, Tx - If anyone is interested please let me know. If I posted this is the wrong section maybe it could be moved to the correct area.

Thanks
Rachel

Attachments

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Pretty bird. Looks like a king to me. I think Kings are usually fairly layed back. Non aggressive. Doesn't sound like this one is though?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't really tell from the pictures but he is huge. Much bigger than a normal size pigeon. I have not seen him being bossy but my coworkers tell me that he seems to want to be the alpha. He doesn't like to be handled too much but is not really mean or anything just wants to get away.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
You can't really tell from the pictures but he is huge. Much bigger than a normal size pigeon. I have not seen him being bossy but my coworkers tell me that he seems to want to be the alpha. He doesn't like to be handled too much but is not really mean or anything just wants to get away.
most pigeons are flighty, just the way they are, he looks healthy though..hope he finds a home soon. glad to see he has a place as of right now.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
He is a pretty bird and looks like a king. I'm glad to hear he is healthy.

I will move your thread to the adoption forum since this bird does not have the AGSG band.

I hope he finds a wonderful home.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Yep, he's a king. They can have a wide variety of personalities, just like other breeds. My males were always very cocky and liked to show off.
I hope you find a good home for him :) Letting him go is definitely not an option. He'd be hawk or other predator food for sure, if he didn't starve to death first.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Well that would be great as you're both in Texas.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
That's wonderful news! Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Please let me know if he needs a friend (or 6)!

Don't forget about all the many wonderful king pigeons (and doves and a couple of fancies) that MickaCoo Pigeon & Dove Rescue has in foster care and that are in need of homes. Northern California shelters are filling up again and we can't help- too full.

Please contact me at [email protected] and I'll walk you through the adoption process.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts