Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is actually Treesa's bird Whiskey that I am babysitting while she is on Vacation. I think this bird may be a mosaic of sorts. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Oh he's beautiful! Yes, definitely a mosaic. Looks like it might be a red check or strawberry, on a blue check grizzle.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow I wonder if she knows what a unique bird. She is laying eggs in her crate. I wish I had some fosters around. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Hi Grim,

Isn't she something :p ...

....I once toyed with the possible idea of her being mosaic, and the fact that her mom layed (HER) egg in another's nest box had me wondering....who the father was???

·
Registered
49 Posts
That Pigeon is beautiful! :) I have no idea what breed it is.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Unfortunately my Whiskey girl passed away.....she was one heck of little pisstle, always held her ground, she lost her ability to fly and became dependent on me to take her everywhere around the coop except the floor.

She was viciously chased to the nest by her mate one moment I wasn't inside the coop as she was picking up grit, and when I found her she died in my arms, I believe the grit went down her windpipe. :(

I loved her and became so used to beeing with her so much i really missed her for such a long time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are these two birds moasaics?

The first bird is black and white with one white wing and one wing with black secondaries. The secons bird has on white wing and one with barred secondaries? What's up with these birds. both came from the saqme hen but different cocks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
But they are halfsiders, a yet unexplained phenomenon. I bred a few of them too out of purebreed magpie and baldhead capucin.
What were the parents?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts