Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Is hanging this pigeon over a sock ok?

I thought of doing this since he can't use his feet (maybe they are broken). He would otherwise stand on his probably broken feet and injure them further and try to fly. he would poop on himself and on his feet and on his wound and need to be cleaned often.

Like this, he securely held by the sock from trying to fly and move around and cause himself further damage. His poop will fall down on a newspaper and I would spare the cleaning process.

Is this ok to do?

Attachments

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
When birds are suspended, they are suspended in the cage, just over the bottom of the cage, not up in the air like that. Also, if the legs are not addressed and set or wrapped, then they are not going to get better. You need to know what is causing the problem and fix it. I cannot tell in any of your pictures how he holds the legs when he is not being held. Can't tell whether splayed, broken or vitamin deficiency or what. But the cause needs to be addressed. Please don't leave him in the air like that. Use cage top to suspend him. He should be just an inch or so above the cage floor. And make sure that it isn't too tight on his crop, or to interfere with his breathing. How will he eat?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.