Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Ithought SOMEONE could have helped :eek:jack last week I put up a thread "looking to make contact" with a list of countries on this list I was trying to make contact with fancier in the hope that they could maybe help me to help my grandson jack to collect racing rings / bands
so a bit more about jack and myself
PLEASE PLEASE TAKE THE TIME IT READ IT
and if you cant send rings /bands not a problem BUT PLEASE say hello as we like friends:):)

my name is michael o neill I live in Belfast after breaking my spine 10 years ago and now I'm unable to work 2 years ago I had my first grandchild jack after visiting a friend (Bill) jack was bough out to see bill's homers jack loved the birds my friend bill suggested I get a small loft build for jack and myself as an interest for us both I said how can you tell a child to keep looking in the sky your birds are coming bill said get fantails so that's what I did a friend sent me a one loft race ring and said I should start collecting rings from other countries and hopefully when jacks older he will keep it up better having a hobby of pigeons and collecting racing rings than when he's older standing on street corners drinking or abusing people if you had a ring or 2 old or new that you could send jack I would be very grateful if you cant help please stay friends jack loves his birds and even helps with the scraping I haven't sent my address as I think that would be a bit cheeky if you can help just email and I'll send my address thanks ****
ps

please check

http://www.pigeonjournal.com

http://pigeonsincombat.com/film.html

as we only started keeping pigeons last year I'm sorry but we have only a few rings to send you in return
but you will have my thanks and friendship

if I have contacted you before sorry I do not mean to offend

if you cant help and can think of someone who maybe can please forward this email

our email [email protected]d.com

pps

I have to add this as one person I contacted got back to me

saying I was SPAMMING him

I emailed back

please except my sincere apologises

explaining I have been going onto different pigeon sites

and sending emails to different fanciers

and sometimes the same email address are on different sites

if I don't do this I have to buy the rings of ebay

I have bought jack rings from ebay

BUT

I DO NOT

HAVE NOT

AND WILL NOT

SALE ANY RINGS / BANDS

AT ANYTIME

again if I have contacted you before I am sorry

please just delete this

as I do not mean to offend
enjoy jacks photos

Attachments

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Hi ****!

You might want to join this Yahoogroups: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pigeonringcollectors/?yguid=218868278

There are some long time pigeon ring collectors there that have unbelievable collections. In their database or files area is also some very helpful information about tracing the origin of a band if you need to do so.

I know that we have members here that sometimes have left over bands at the end of a year. Perhaps some of them would be willing to send you and your darling grandson some bands!

Terry

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi ****,

Nice to meet you and Jack!
I'm afraid I can't help with your ring collection, as I only deal with ferals, but if I come across anyone who races pigeons here in Portugal, I will do my best!
The photos you posted are lovely. And this is for Jack:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hi ****,
I don't use rings as I only do rehabing pigeons and doves, but next time when I go to the shop I will check for rings.
Regards to you and your grandson from South Africa

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well he does have some beautiful plump birds there. I only have a feral who cannot fly so I would not need a band for her. I can't let her outside alone without her being in a cage.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Well he does have some beautiful plump birds there. I only have a feral who cannot fly so I would not need a band for her. I can't let her outside alone without her being in a cage.
Mr. Squeaks sends GREETINGS to the lovely Maggie!

Best of luck getting bands...Jack sure is a cutie!

GREAT LOLPigeon pic, Teresa!

Love, Hugs and Scritches
Shi :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
And Maggie says hi to Mr. Squeaks! She would dearly love to visit Mr. Squeaks but I told her no, that isn't happening, he's probably got a mate by now anyways.

Probably shouldn't have said that.

She's upset again.

Right now she's playing mommie again with two new eggs - and napping whenever she thinks I'm not around. :rolleyes:

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
And Maggie says hi to Mr. Squeaks! She would dearly love to visit Mr. Squeaks but I told her no, that isn't happening, he's probably got a mate by now anyways.

Probably shouldn't have said that.

She's upset again.

Right now she's playing mommie again with two new eggs - and napping whenever she thinks I'm not around. :rolleyes:
ROFL...no, reassure Maggie that Mr. Squeaks still wants ME for his mate. He regards ALL others as intruders. But he does think Maggie is a cutie!

Woe and Gimie may have another set of eggs soon...we'll see...it's about "that" time! None have ever been fertile.

Hope this news will make Maggie feel better!

Love, Hugs and Scritches

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Told her what you said and she looked at me funny, "Why does he want to mate with a human?"

I told her, "I have no idea".

"I think he needs a real woman to hang around with" she says.

"Yep, but you're not going to be the one," I said.

She gave me a dirty look after that.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Maggie could be a wonderful mate for Squeaks. Please be sure and tell her that.

Squeaks has not had access to hens since I found him as a squeaker in 2003. I had him for at least 3 years before I reluctantly brought in 2 non-releasables who seemed to get along together.

By that time, Squeaks was bonded to me. When I added my West of England Tumbler, WoeBeGone, he and Gimie (the only hen) took one look at each other and it was love at first sight. Poor Dom was odd pij out. While I can let Dom out with Woe and Gimie, he attacks Woe and Gimie has to come to his defense! Poor Dom is lookin' awfully scruffy 'cause Gimie grabs and pulls...there go the head and neck feathers. *sigh* I keep Squeaks with me when they are out because he will attack ALL of them and shows no quarter! :eek:

Bet THAT makes Maggie feel better!

Love, Hugs and Scritches

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You might want to join this Yahoogroups: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pigeon

we are members of the yahoo group the problem with the group five members contacted me I sent IHU Irish Homing Union rings and jack phone number rings these people emailed nightly and once they must have got the rings/bands the emails stopped they never even sent an email to say they got the rings/bands I have bough jack rings / bands of ebay but then again someone was selling counterfeit rings/bands that's why I'm asking racing fancier for rings that way I know jack is getting the real deal

Just a thought, Maybe you should try trading some..?

I have some IHU rings if anyone wants to trade
again thanks **** and grandson jack

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Now that all the babies are out of the nest, I have some extra bands now, so I wouldn't mind trading with you :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts