Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need to stop wearing my "I Love Pigeons" shirt places. . .someone from the local supermarket caught me Thursday afternoon (she knows I have pigeons) and long story short, neighbor had torn part of the roof off their barn and found nests of course. I ended up with a single and two pairs of new babies (one pair came yesterday), which thank goodness I was able to sneak out for dummy eggs and are being fostered by the pigeons (phew). I was NOT looking forward to doing a month of Kaytee, let me just tell you that much!!

It was so cute, the woman had them separated into little compartments so I would know who belonged with who. Mrs. Bird and Benji are fostering the single one, and I have two other pairs fostering the other ones. Then old Hoss and his wife went and snuck in an Oops baby on me. I was finally able to get some pics of them except the pics of the last pair didn't turn out, I'll get one soon of them. Hopefully I will be able to release these guys when they're older, as more pigeons I don't really need! Also hoping when they do the rest of the barn, there aren't any more!!!

MRS. BIRD AND BENJI'S FOSTER BARN BABY

ONE PAIR OF FOSTERED BARN BABIES

OLD HOSS AND HIS OOPS BABY

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Terry, so far, so good. . .fingers crossed!! If I could have had an oops baby I guess I couldn't have picked a better looking father to do it. :rolleyes: I have one other from him, a little over two years, looks just like him but a bit smaller as mom's a feral. ;) They're so ridiculous, they think those are their babies and are all just slapping at me and all puffed up and indignant when I check the peeps. I feel like saying, relax, they're not even yours! But that would be letting the cat--er, squab--out of the bag. :cool:

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Hoss is a gorgeous hunk, MJ... :p I BET he is protective.

Thank you for fostering, and thank your birds for me too, glad you have an oops baby to enjoy too! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts