Pigeon-Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking home from an appointment in my town today when I walked past two quite low trees, about 3-4 metres tall. In the tree furthest away from me, there were two LARGE wood pigeons, happily nibbling away on the buds.

However, in the other tree there was another, smaller wood pigeon. It has landed a few seconds before but was settled and sitting down. When I went in front of the tree it stuck it's neck up and stared at me. Then, when I had passed the tree, cursing myself about my lack of camera, I looked back, I saw the wood pigeon turning around to CARRY ON STARING AT ME :eek: :confused: :eek: :mad:!

Is that normal wood behavior? I taught myself a lot about woodies, but I never heard of them turning around to specifically follow a human. Was a Common Wood Pigeon (Columba Palumbus), in England, UK.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Good sayings should be oft repeated ! :)

That's pretty funny, Woody ~ maybe that Woodie knew you from somewhere ! Perhaps you once met at a party ????

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah, I''ve never met it before, I think.
However, it could be the one I rescued, in which case it may recognise me (It would have had to loose a lot of weight to look like that though)

Anyways, about the used saying, do I have to change it, or can I keep it?

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
However, it could be the one I rescued, in which case it may recognise me (It would have had to loose a lot of weight to look like that though)

As it is my original, I'd like you to find one of your own please :)

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
As it is my original, I'd like you to find one of your own please :)
like being the operative word here.

Serious, Do you have copyright on the qoute? I would have thought you would be complimented someone wants to share your saying around. I can't understand the problem here.

They did find one of their own, It just happened to be the one you wrote. Just as they would if they searched the net or books for a different qoute, Quotes are generally shared in this way and thats how they become well known, If you don't want yours to be shared, Maybe it shouldn't be published.

·
Banned
3,342 Posts

It sounds interesting to me, I am not knowledagble on woodies, Wonder if it was rehabbed and released hence its tameness towards humans.

Anyone else more knowledagble and maybe in the UK? got anything to say on the subject?? John?

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
like being the operative word here.

Serious, Do you have copyright on the qoute? I would have thought you would be complimented someone wants to share your saying around. I can't understand the problem here.

They did find one of their own, It just happened to be the one you wrote. Just as they would if they searched the net or books for a different qoute, Quotes are generally shared in this way and thats how they become well known, If you don't want yours to be shared, Maybe it shouldn't be published.
With respect, Evan, this really isn't any of your business, is it?

The OP asked a question, to which I replied and that's that.

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Sorry for stating my opinion on a matter which is on a public forum.
But I am right though aren't I?, you can request he move it but I am sure its not against any laws or rules.
I am not aware that anybody suggested it is against any laws or rules, so there is nothing to be 'right' about.

End of story.

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
I was walking home from an appointment in my town today when I walked past two quite low trees, about 3-4 metres tall. In the tree furthest away from me, there were two LARGE wood pigeons, happily nibbling away on the buds.

However, in the other tree there was another, smaller wood pigeon. It has landed a few seconds before but was settled and sitting down. When I went in front of the tree it stuck it's neck up and stared at me. Then, when I had passed the tree, cursing myself about my lack of camera, I looked back, I saw the wood pigeon turning around to CARRY ON STARING AT ME :eek: :confused: :eek: :mad:!

Is that normal wood behavior? I taught myself a lot about woodies, but I never heard of them turning around to specifically follow a human. Was a Common Wood Pigeon (Columba Palumbus), in England, UK.
It may be that the woodie was being wary. They are generally pretty skittish, but a younger one (which it sounds like) especially may not feel prompted to take flight unless it perceives some behavior as directly threatening. Just a guess.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sorry for stating my opinion on a matter which is on a public forum.
But I am right though aren't I?, you can request he move it but I am sure its not against any laws or rules.
Yes Evan,
I aggree with you.It seems like everytime somebody posts something that John_D does not aggre with,he will end up deleting it. Or tell you that it is none of your bussiness.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Yes Evan,
I aggree with you.It seems like everytime somebody posts something that John_D does not aggre with,he will end up deleting it. Or tell you that it is none of your bussiness.

Thanks
Try reading the rules, OK? I will delete what is unacceptable according to forum rules as will any mod who happens to see it.

That is not simply deleting something I personally disagree with.

Here is one rule you guys need to remember:

3. We require civil and ethical conduct on all forums. Personal attacks on other members, or pigeons.biz itself or its moderators and administrators, will not be tolerated. If asked, you will yield to the requests of the forum moderators and administrators.
Now kindly drop this argumentative stuff, it serves no good purpose.

·
Registered
331 Posts
"so thety slither on...and on..."
Whats that mean?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh god. oh god. oh god.

My question about a staring wood pigeon.
I'll remove and change my quote signature John D.
Any chance you or anyone could give me a new one?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh god. oh god. oh god.

My question about a staring wood pigeon.
I'll remove and change my quote signature John D.
Any chance you or anyone could give me a new one?
Woody pigeon,
Please,just leave your signature just like it is. Also,do not let John_D bully you about what and what not you can have as a signature.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Woody pigeon,
Please,just leave your signature just like it is. Also,do not let John_D bully you about what and what not you can have as a signature.

Thanks
Read my post and tell me how a polite request is 'bullying', please.

Then apologize.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.