Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there friends ,
I unknowingly forced a male pigeon to fly because it had babies back home so it will return, but it flew away. Now the mother pigeon is feeding only one baby pigeon and the other one is left behind. It took me a while for that to notice, as days passed the bigger one is getting more bigger, more than double in size, then i started handfeeding it with a syringe but no much improvement. It is not able to stand on its feet and dragging its feet in opposite direction to each other.
If you guys know anything that would help this baby to survive will be highly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your help...
Handwriting Font Office supplies Feather Design

·
Registered
36 Posts
GET RUBER BENDS TIE HIS LEGS WITH RUBBER BAND PULL THE LEGS TO NORMAL POSISION FOR 2 WEEKS FEED HIM BABIE CHICKEN STARTER MIXED IN TO A PASTE AND WANT STUNT HIS GROWTH GOOD LUK KEEP HIM WARM

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can also use a tiny strip of vet wrap to do the same. They’ll hate it and struggle at first but it works in a matter of days.

I find popping them into a small teacup lined with tissue for small 10-minute intervals a few times a day helps too. I call it chick-physiotherapy!

are you weighing her? Digital baking scales work well. She should be gaining weight daily at this age.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can also use a tiny strip of vet wrap to do the same. They’ll hate it and struggle at first but it works in a matter of days.

I find popping them into a small teacup lined with tissue for small 10-minute intervals a few times a day helps too. I call it chick-physiotherapy!

are you weighing her? Digital baking scales work well. She should be gaining weight daily at this age.
Yes, try this. Don't keep him on a slippery surface. View attachment 101923
very good that's it keep it as low as possible he will come good

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Did you syringe water into his beak recently? If so, he probably aspirated some. Keep him warm on a hotwaterbottle covered by a soft blanket and him on top. Hopefully he will survive. Don't feed him anymore food or water for now. Can you get a jar of human baby applesauce?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear that he passed away.

Here are a few good resources:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts