Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just gave my bird archimedes his/her ivermectin treatment, and it said 2 drops, but I may have accidentally done 4(possibly 5 or 6 but I'm doubtful), and now I'm really worried, so I took them into the shower and got them washed hoping this would wash away or water down the treatment, any advice? I love my bird and would rather not see it die.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
It happened to me the same accident today, spilling the equivalent of some 10 drops on the neck. I absorbed the Invermectine with a paper towel piece.



Bathing is wrong for two reasons:

-Is harmful to bath a pigeon anyway. They do it themselves when they are healthy enough for it and when they have their body temperature prepared for this. Often, bathing causes pigeon to get sick or even die.


-If you washed a pigeon with Invermetcine on its neck, the water will transport the drug to part of the bird's body where he is able to peck himself and when he will do his feathers toilet, ispossible to ingest this toxic drug.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It happened to me the same accident today, spilling the equivalent of some 10 drops on the neck. I absorbed the Invermectine with a paper towel piece.



Bathing is wrong for two reasons:

-Is harmful to bath a pigeon anyway. They do it themselves when they are healthy enough for it and when they have their body temperature prepared for this. Often, bathing causes pigeon to get sick or even die.


-If you washed a pigeon with Invermetcine on its neck, the water will transport the drug to part of the bird's body where he is able to peck himself and when he will do his feathers toilet, ispossible to ingest this toxic drug.
well is 4 drops likely to cause any problems?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
I don't think. Canaries get also one drop and they're at least four times smaller than a pigeon.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top