Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
It isn't a story Mate, their are no differences between yellow / gold / green in the base colour, the differences are caused by extra factors which have not been able to be tested. If you think google is the answer then so be it I will say no more.

·
Registered
838 Posts
from the picture, i can only see 3 or possibly 4 pearl eyes and the rest are yellow eye.

Here is the thing, I can call my birds with pearl eyes a Silver shining red eye or whatever i want to but its still a "pearl eye".

·
Registered
838 Posts
Guessing but jan aarden is a homing racing strain right?

Can you take a picture of the bird with the gold eye. I am very hesitate and interesting to see its golden eye.

What is your definition of a "normal eye"?

Compare to the photos jtronics posted above about Jan Aarden Gold Eyes samples, does your bird have eyes similar to it? if yes, then your bird have yellow or pearl eye. No gold eye.

And also if there is such thing as a golden eyes, im pretty all these fancy/racing breeders up in this forum would have jumped all over on me.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You dont know anything about gold eyes. Search the net pal. I repeat gold eyes is not a color of the eye is only a feature of the eye.

And i know about the base colours orange and pearl end of the story about orange and pearl.

And pls dont ruin the jan aarden gold eyes is one of the best long distance racing pigeon strain in the world.

Dont comment anymore if you dont know about gold eyes.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I did do a little research and i did not come across anything about Jan Aarden have gold eyed pigeon.

here is the link to where i read some information on Jan Aarden history.
http://janardenhoues.blogspot.com/2011/04/gold-of-jan-aarden-strain.html

Also i did came across of someone own a pigeon called Mr. Golden Eye that is a Jan Aarden long distance Strain and had won many races.

Anyway I pretty sure you mean this guy base on what you are trying to tell us?

Well, I think you probably got confuse with the bird's name. "The gold eyes" is just a name. Because proven/champion racers are giving a specific name after their glory and passed on to the next generation. I believe this breeder happen to call his/her champion bird "The gold eye" because of its eyes.
By the way, that is a still a yellow eye.

Also to answer your other question, im pretty sure you will get a yellow eye bird. Yellow eye is dominate so unless your bird split from pearl eyes, you might have 50/50 getting pearl eye.

Im so done in here........

·
Registered
448 Posts
Unless you had a Jan Aarden you would not know what he is talking about. Some Jan Aardens have a very beautiful Golden color in their eyes ( in the circle of correlation ), its a "rich yellow" more dense, just beautiful, I've not seen it in any other strain. I have some Desmets that have a beautiful dark gray eye that I've never seen in any other strain also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.