Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saved yesterday about 5 week old squeaker from being put down tomorrow needs home NEPA area.Perfect age to train as pet,or as a friend for another pigeon. Appears healthy good dropping. Beautiful Jet black.Pic in my profile I did not know how to post it here.(computer dope ) Got pic on scroll down.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Didn't ask there was more than 1,when I found out I ran over and took them (not all squeakers) this 1 seems the sooner it finds a home the better. Stroudsburg area.(rte 80). And I don't keep ferals. I'm evaluating the others. The birds were treated ok.

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
How did there happen to be a feral in the mix?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Good thing you're not closer. I love blacks, and I DO keep ferals, amongst others. Poor baby.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How did there happen to be a feral in the mix?
My assumption would be that the bird came in very young and is now imprinted,(domesticated)and could not survive on it's own. It definitely appears to be feral,but I'm not 100% sure, the bird is young.Got it.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
He's very pretty.

G

·
looks sort of like an egyptian swift with the long flights and tail but its hard to tell in that picture ..nice looking bird thou :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Adoption on hold he droops his left wing sometimes,but his droppings seem ok. Hoping it wasn't broken and healed,but is possible. I will have to keep an eye on him for a little while, he is on antibiotic so I will post update when he is ready. Sorry!!

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I think he wants him to go to someone close to him. I'm in Mass.:(

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Squeaker is defintely male. He was doing an immitation male dance after a hen like they will do. lol

G

·
so M kurps are you willing to ship this bird or not ? if so I think Jay3 would make a lovely home for this fine specimen ;)

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Thanks Lokota. So....................do you ship?

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I think you need to find the poor bird a ride with someone that's traveling north for the Holiday's. There's probably some kind sould on Craig's List, that would give a birdy a ride.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Someone else wanted him, I was within forty or so miles out of 200 miles of thier home but they couldn't meet (car problem). I wanted to meet the person I was going to give him to, as people shoot or train thier dogs with pigeons out here and think nothing of it. They then wanted me to ship him. Jay does seem like a nice place for "sanctuary" for him,nice birds Jay. He is in no way in danger or being mistreated now,I wormed him yesterday,again in 9 days for follow up. I just have to decide who,no offense to anyone.

G

·
I vote for Jay3 because their loft is spacious and even heated ,a very feral freindly place to place a pigeon if you ask me :D

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
That's sweet of you Lokota. Yes, I love my birds, and spend lots of time with them. It was because of 6 little feral babies that we recued, that the loft was built. Since then many have been added. But no offense taken M Kurps. I just offered to help as I know he needs placement. And black birds are my favorite. He is a beautiful little thing, and I just want him to have a good home. So what ever you decide, I'm sure you will choose what is best for him. And I would be the same if I had to place a bird with someone. I think it's nice that you don't want to just give him to anyone. Shows you care. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have been looking for a bird for my rescued homer with broken wing. If you can not ship maybe i can drive by as I am in michigan it might be a long drive but for right bird i would be willing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts