Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! I was wondering if any of you have purchased + seen any of the documentaries that Jim Jenner has made? Are they a good watch + informative?

Particularly I'm interested in his Young Wings program. I was told that he made a documentary about it which shows how the birds help the kids and it shows everything from feeding and general maintenance to training and flying the birds. The program is directed towards kids with behaviour issues or young offenders. I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the documentary where he is working with kids and/or offenders? It would really help in a project I'm thinking of doing :)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
YES! I highly recommend ALL of his videos. My favorites are Share The Blue Sky (which contains the school kids with pigeons you're talking about) and Oldest Feathered Friend.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright thanks Becky! That's the one I was looking for. I thought maybe there was a documentary made just on the kids, but now I'm assuming its just a part of "Share the Blue Sky"

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I know the AU has a CD of just the pigeon project at that one high school where they help "bad" kids develop responsibility and whatnot. Which is what's on Jim's video as well. But yeah you can request information about the pigeon project and that's one of the things they'll send you to show to teachers or other people who may be interested in getting kids into pigeons. Probably also good for 4-H leaders too! I have the pack of stuff. I could probably send you the files via email if you'd like me to. There were some pamplets on basic pigeon care, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
:mad:My wife just bought me Secrets of Champions 3 young bird racing for christmas and it is absoloutely horrible. The worst $60 she ever spent. I learn more from this website then the whole 3 hour dvd. Do not waste your money.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I enjoyed the Secrets of Champions videos. Yes, you will learn more here, but I still liked them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As a new flyer I was looking forward to learning a few thing here and there, but I got NOTHING from the video. Just a bunch of old men with accents that you can hardly undrstand. There is nothing educational or instructional about this video what so ever. Very displeased. sorry for being rude, I just think for$60 i would rather have to pay a membership to this website, then to waste my money on another one of his movies.:mad:

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Perhaps better for experienced fliers looking to see what other guys do, rather than a new flier looking to see how to do things. Not that I'm really that experienced, just saying it's not the best for people who are wanting to start racing soon. :)

And there's nothing wrong with posting your opinion! It helps people who are looking to buy the video.

I can't remember which Secrets of Champs video I preferred. I have all but the last two I think. I liked the section where Frank talked about how he mixes his feed and that he uses cow colostrum and other things on the food. I thought the throat theory was interesting as I had never heard of it prior to watching the video. I really liked how no one put much merit in the eyesign theory, LOL. Although the HLREO theory came up and I also found it very interesting.

But yes, Share The Blue Sky and Oldest Feathered Friends are by far, in my opinion, his best work. I can't remember how many times I've watched them.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
last year I got the IV video "winning lofts" . There is some good advice in the video. This year i got # 1 and #2 but only have watched half of the foundation of victory video and I like it so far . I don't think there will ever be a end all book or video that spells out everything a person need to race pigeons but you should be able to pick up some ideas from the videos and other flyers in your club. You are right , the videos are not instructional in there format buy I enjoy watching the ones I have.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also liked what I saw in the trailers of Share The Blue Sky and Oldest Feathered Friends. Which other documentaries of his are similar to these two rather than the ones focusing on pigeon racing itself? Are there other documentary's which talk about the use of pigeons in the wars or still used today for various reasons? (Example: Pigeons being used by the hospitals)

Also, Becky could you email me the files? Thank you ! :)

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
As a new flyer I was looking forward to learning a few thing here and there, but I got NOTHING from the video. Just a bunch of old men with accents that you can hardly undrstand. There is nothing educational or instructional about this video what so ever. Very displeased. sorry for being rude, I just think for$60 i would rather have to pay a membership to this website, then to waste my money on another one of his movies.:mad:
I think the more you learn in this sport, the more the video will help you. I have all of the secrets videos, and I refer to them often. The only problem is I think pigeon DVDs are way better than any sleeping pill on the market. I have to make a pot of coffee if Im going to sit and watch:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found a used copy for sale if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pigeon-Racin...US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item232d848d39&_uhb=1

I have only watched III on young bird racing. As for some of the negative comments on the thread, I think that video gives us another dimension. If anything, it is just great to actually go with Jim Jenner and actually see some top lofts. It is always great to see people's set ups and how they do things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts