Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, a happy family. Dad, Mom, and baby. Let's ALL incubate the (plastic) egg! :D

And my boyfriend Squeak, showing how MUCH he really loves me

Oh and Woo, sitting till doomsday on her infertile egg. This is actually immediately after I slipped another couple's newborn into her nest for adoption. She proceeded to slowly and ever so discreetly worm it under her feathers. I think she looks very wise in this picture. I wonder if she thought she was getting away with something and is much cleverer than I am.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Those pics are great and funny.:D I can't even decide which one is my favorite.

Reti

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Youch! Squeak really loves you. I have a disabled rescue named Snowflake who does that. He has drawn blood several times as my skin has gotten thin. We keep swearing we will change his name to Atilla Vanilla.:D He is the first pigeon I've ever had that bites like that. I'm glad to see there are others and he isn't weird after all.

Margaret

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I have marks all over my hands that look like pox and it's kind of embarrassing. People look at my hands suspiciously and I say, "I'm really not contagious, it's from my pigeon pecking me." I think that makes them even more suspicious. LOL
All three pictures are great.:) Love seeing happy birds being themselves.:D

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Oh Snipes, you made me happy! You and MJ just get the best pictures and make such good captions. The first picture is so sweet showing the little family.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Great pix Snipes! Squeak just wants to be one with you ;) Or have a bit of you in his stomache? LOL. Hope it didn't hurt too much. Love the first picture too - but what did they do... all sit on one egg and leave the one next to them uncovered? Woo does look quite wise - she looks very content and sure of herself sitting pretty.

I always love seeing your photo updates :)

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Beautiful pics, they just make me grin.

Have you noticed how quickly pigeons realise that they are not hurting you when they peck at your clothing instead of your hand? Then they make certain that they aim and the thinnest and most sensitive spot of skin they can find, just to make up for the mistake.

Cynthia

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey Snipes, I can't help BUT grin at your pics! Also, I think I feel your pain too! :p Nice looking, happy, healthy birds! :D

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Love the family photo. I love to find my babies in the nest with Mom or Dad sitting on the eggs, like they are doing a really important job.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Please tell Squeak that MR. Squeaks says congratulations on his beaking ability!

I have learned to move very quickly when MR. Squeaks does NOT want to "go" home! When in daddy mode, I just pick him up, basket and all - and the beaking begins! I quickly place him in the back corner of his home and withdraw my hand even MORE quickly! WHY? Because he has learned to come charging out at my hand the minute the basket is placed!! And, he is FAST!

Your pictures are soooo cute. What beautiful pijies!

I DO hope that Squeak only gives you "love" beakings...I don't get those until "mate" mode. *SIGH* :rolleyes:

Shi

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The middle bird there is exactly what Baby girl looks like. Love the white and lght brown onw very pretty.

Cindy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts