Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I preparing to write a document about pigeons for a major city environmental/educational organization, but I really know very little about them myself. Many of us who work here are frustrated by the manner in which pigeons are treated and misunderstood by the public outside our buildings. The birds are chased, harassed, and of course fed gobs of unhealthy food. I am a bit overwhelmed by your website, but have found some interesting threads. Could someone recommend other reliable sources of information about life cycle, management and proper urban pigeon etiquette?

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I preparing to write a document about pigeons for a major city environmental/educational organization, but I really know very little about them myself. Many of us who work here are frustrated by the manner in which pigeons are treated and misunderstood by the public outside our buildings. The birds are chased, harassed, and of course fed gobs of unhealthy food. I am a bit overwhelmed by your website, but have found some interesting threads. Could someone recommend other reliable sources of information about life cycle, management and proper urban pigeon etiquette?
With all due respect - you won't find a better web site than Pigeon Talk! I've looked around and that's just my opinion :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
It could take you weeks to read a fraction of what there is in here about pigeons, lol, but the search facility will help.
A good place to start is the subforum 'Resources' -- here's a link to info and links for beginners:
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f25/pigeons-8756.html

I would also recommend the book by Andrew Blechman.

PS. Beware, you may become addicted to pigeons, I did! :D Good luck with your project!

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
Sorry--But I do not trust people who do not put a name or location with their Questions or posts.
PETA ?????????

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
someone has already wrote about it....if you want to expand then you may want read this. http://www.amazon.com/Superdove-Pigeon-Took-Manhattan-World/dp/0061259160/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_3

and as far as proper urban pigeon etiquette, do not think there is one. each individual has their own ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts